Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Reached master with stock clubs, need advice

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 15 2019 12:01 AM (9 replies)
  • Fayetnam
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 2:56 AM

as the title suggests, I recently reached master with the stock clubs. However it has become extremely difficult to win in the play now mode since I am only capable of hitting 225 yard drives. Often times I am not even reaching the green until my third shot on par 4s. 

Money is extremely tight for me at the moment as I have been consumed with medical bills. I am trying to watch as many ads daily to collect credits in order to upgrade. I was trying not to upgrade until I reached the 90s but that looks a little too idealistic

I am level 75 at the moment and wanted to know if it’s realistic to not upgrade and still be competitive. Or should I just try to collect as many credits and upgrade ASAP? Any specific clubs I should look into? Also is it beneficial to purchase a 3wood instead of a driver? That way I can use it off the tee and on the fairway? In essence I would get 250yds + 250 yds as opposed to 275 + 205 with an upgraded driver and the stock 3 wood. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 10:20 AM

Fayetnam:

as the title suggests, I recently reached master with the stock clubs. However it has become extremely difficult to win in the play now mode since I am only capable of hitting 225 yard drives. Often times I am not even reaching the green until my third shot on par 4s. 

Money is extremely tight for me at the moment as I have been consumed with medical bills. I am trying to watch as many ads daily to collect credits in order to upgrade. I was trying not to upgrade until I reached the 90s but that looks a little too idealistic

I am level 75 at the moment and wanted to know if it’s realistic to not upgrade and still be competitive. Or should I just try to collect as many credits and upgrade ASAP? Any specific clubs I should look into? Also is it beneficial to purchase a 3wood instead of a driver? That way I can use it off the tee and on the fairway? In essence I would get 250yds + 250 yds as opposed to 275 + 205 with an upgraded driver and the stock 3 wood. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Why does this profile say you joined WGT today, Level 1 Hack,  and have not played yet?

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 10:58 AM

DoctorLarry:
    Why does this profile say you joined WGT today, Level 1 Hack,  and have not played yet?

Think someone’s shot themself in the foot here!!

• Fayetnam
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 2:01 PM

I exclusively play via the mobile app. However, I forgot the log in details to that account so I was subjected to make a new account in order to make this post. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Wed, Jun 12 2019 12:42 AM

Fayetnam:

I exclusively play via the mobile app. However, I forgot the log in details to that account so I was subjected to make a new account in order to make this post. 

You need to contact WGT to correct this situation.  They do not allow multiple accounts.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Jun 12 2019 2:53 AM

Larry is correct - Thou Shalt Not Have Two Accounts!

(tight money)

Fayetnam:
    I am level 75 at the moment and wanted to know if it’s realistic to not upgrade and still be competitive.

Certainly not - not reaching fairways and (KIA) not crossing water forbids that!

Fayetnam:
    Also is it beneficial to purchase a 3wood instead of a driver? That way I can use it off the tee and on the fairway? In essence I would get 250yds + 250 yds as opposed to 275 + 205 with an upgraded driver and the stock 3 wood. 
    This is 100% true - go for it!

The 3WDs are around 35% of a driver and they serve well in double duty - this pushed  a thrifty TP (yours truly) and helped me in the first days of Master tier.

Next stop would be one or two short wedges - 50 / 75 yds or 60 / 80 yds to sharpen the short game (third shot).

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, Jun 12 2019 5:55 AM

Fayetnam:

If you can't even remember the email account you used, why didn't you simply contact customer service and give them your user name? They should have been able to provide the email you used and walked you through resetting your password. 

It seems like you took a more complicated approach to the problem and have now opened yourself up to other problems. And you still need to contact customer service. 

• Fayetnam
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2019 5:40 PM

alosso:

Larry is correct - Thou Shalt Not Have Two Accounts!

(tight money)

Fayetnam:
    I am level 75 at the moment and wanted to know if it’s realistic to not upgrade and still be competitive.

Certainly not - not reaching fairways and (KIA) not crossing water forbids that!

Fayetnam:
    Also is it beneficial to purchase a 3wood instead of a driver? That way I can use it off the tee and on the fairway? In essence I would get 250yds + 250 yds as opposed to 275 + 205 with an upgraded driver and the stock 3 wood. 
    This is 100% true - go for it!

The 3WDs are around 35% of a driver and they serve well in double duty - this pushed  a thrifty TP (yours truly) and helped me in the first days of Master tier.

Next stop would be one or two short wedges - 50 / 75 yds or 60 / 80 yds to sharpen the short game (third shot).

I was unaware two accounts violated the terms and conditions of the app. I am a casual player and only made this account for the post. I will follow up with customer service to get the credentials for my other account. 

But with that being said, is there any specific Drivers or 3-woods I should look into at my level? Or is there any clubs you recommend me wait for (say clubs available in the 80s) or do all clubs perform relatively the same around this level? 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Jun 14 2019 11:01 PM

Fayetnam:
    is there any specific Drivers or 3-woods I should look into at my level?
    There certainly are different qualities. Alas, I'm not into the new brands as I don't want to change mine.

You might go down the list from your level and choose what pleases you, in characteristics and price tag. Then, search the club in the forum, there's a ton of advice.

BTW: Player Scotthope maintains "Pro Shop Tables" - link on his profile.

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Sat, Jun 15 2019 12:01 AM

I don't see a 250-yard 3W until the high 90's level, which will take you awhile from your current 75. However there is a very fine, and cheap level 81 240-yard 3W that would serve you well for getting over obstacles, such as fairway bunkers on your drive and greenside bunkers on your second shot, because it has "high" trajectory, while the level 69 and so forth are "med" and "med/high". And it's cheap at 745 credits. Would be a keeper after you get a long driver when you turn Legend.

PING G25 3 Fairway Wood 14° (L81+)
    745 Cr
    240 yards
    High trajectory
    4.0 precision
    3.0 forgiveness
    0.5 shot-shaping
    1.0 spin
    3.5 meter

RSS