Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Cheaper High-Performance Balls with Faster Meter

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 9 2019 9:51 AM (6 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 4:07 AM

WGT, would it be possible to launch high-end balls having faster meters but in more reasonable price range?

Let's say, for instance, balls with distance 5+, spin 4+, meter speed 1~3, costing around 300-500 credits.

I find most of current high-end ball meters are painfully and unnecessarily slow (especially with recent equipment meters getting slower and slower in each update, but not that I'm saying I hit ding all the time because of it), and IMO there should be more meter options to choose from for those who are more frugal & thrifty, have god-given reflexes and/or simply don't mind playing with faster meters.

I know you WGT listen to us players so hopefully it happens in the near future. Thank you.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 8:21 AM

They might release a ball like that but I would bet they won’t be cheaper. I

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 8:34 AM

It's also been requested (a few times) before. The request seems to be ignored.

And borntobesting is most likely correct. If they did offer one, it wouldn't be cheaper.That's especially so since they would see that people were requesting it. 

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 8:57 AM

Good thought Simon !! 

But iam afraid the cost won't be that low cheap !

Suppose, a slow meter expensive balls cost 950 credits and if they make an option to buy the same ball for faster meter then it would be 850 or 900 credits. That is the maximum I see it going cheaper.

And also if the same expensive balls way too cheaper like you mentioned then the other cheaper balls with less spin n less distance with faster meter speed will be in the box unsold.

Again, incase, if they put imply this method, it will be only implied  to a single brand and like I mentioned above the rest of the other brands of cheaper balls will be in the box with no sale ( just a may be scenario) and that is bad for business.

- Carl

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 9:13 AM

You might consider the Volvik 51 balls. While not the top numbers that that you want, they come with decent specs at a smaller price point and a variety of colors. If you expect  Titleist you will pay for the name no matter the specs. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 7:54 PM

Alright, it seems quite unanimous that it won't be cheap at all even if it's released for real. I estimated the prices based on how much others cost now and the previous Nike balls used to cost. Well... I'm still willing to pay whatever WGT would charge for such balls unless it's absolutely absurd.

And yes, I've tried Volvik balls. They're certainly nice balls, but in my case, it was hard to tame their spin, especially in high winds. The Volvik balls would have been much more preferred if they had more distance, 5 or even 4.5 at least.

All I can do is knock on wood, expect the least and hope for the best.

Thanks for your inputs, guys. Cheers.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2019 9:51 AM

Bud

If your initial suggestions come true, it will be awesome !! Fingers crossed !! :) :) 

- Carl 

RSS