Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting practise

Sun, Nov 1 2009 9:05 PM (4 replies)
  • Ernstblofeld09
    2 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 2:47 PM

Could we have a practise putting green, would be espc useful as this seems to be the hardest thing to work out, at least for me

• CaptnCatt
    1 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2009 3:09 PM

A practice range would be more like it......it would be nice to understand the inconsistencies of the irons (pitching and loft wedges). I seem to get it right some of the time and for the rest of the time would prefer to throw my club somewhere on the course out of my reach. I agree though, practice on the range and putting greens with bunkers and such to learn this wierd chipping process would be a nice feature. Can anyone from WGT shed some light on this inquiry.

• cutflower
    24 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2009 6:54 PM

I totally agree that we need a putting practice green

maybe a difficult one where we can place balls anywhere we like =

like rough/fringe  and be able to set green speeds and wind conditions

not just for putts - but for pitches chips and flops   (which always seem to goto the right)

• BamaCowboy
    3 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2009 8:30 PM

CaptnCatt:

A practice range would be more like it......it would be nice to understand the inconsistencies of the irons (pitching and loft wedges). I seem to get it right some of the time and for the rest of the time would prefer to throw my club somewhere on the course out of my reach. I agree though, practice on the range and putting greens with bunkers and such to learn this wierd chipping process would be a nice feature. Can anyone from WGT shed some light on this inquiry.

A practice range, with a bucket of 100 balls for 1 credit? And a free practice putting green where we could place the ball in different spots. But fast greens like the ranked holes.

• cutflower
    24 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2009 9:05 PM

but generally when u look at stats -  its the putts that are the killer -  but i do agree - chipping and flopping and pitching onto greens are also just as important -  .  Am i agreeing with myself?

RSS