Forums

Help › Forums

Re: L103 Driver replacement?

Tue, Jun 11 2019 10:41 AM (28 replies)
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 10:06 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I dunno, Lonnie... TaylorMade M5 Driver (L103+) looks tempting to me. :-)

Me too, just for the sake of having it I think?

I already have a nice selection of drivers…..another maybe wont hurt.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 8:43 PM

andwhy67:

Me too, just for the sake of having it I think?

I already have a nice selection of drivers…..another maybe wont hurt.

Exactly!

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2019 12:02 PM

A dandelion by any other name is still a dandelion.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2019 2:52 PM

HackWilson1930:

A dandelion by any other name is still a dandelion.

That made me sneeze!

• Mitch2992
    204 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2019 5:00 PM

Hey gentlemen, FYI I have owned almost every high end driver. Have the level 103 Oban, and rented the newly released level 103 Taylormade driver...put both in the bag went to Beth in low wind on a practice round and hit both drivers repetitively taking multiple mulligan’s, and after testing both...with no, half and full backspin...the final results that came back is that the NEW Taylormade Driver definitely hits the ball higher, which I find beneficial on some holes depending on the course and tee placements. Lastly, these findings were tested and confirmed by the Stanford university Math dept.....also 4 out of 5 dentists surveyed recommended the driver. And 1 random guy who stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before he ran the same tests. 

• ander101
    390 Posts
    Fri, Jun 7 2019 8:56 AM

When your right your right.

I was losing 5 to 6 minutes of sleep per night wondering, what if the new L103  M5 driver is better than what i am using. so i rented it.

i tested the M5 & my Nike Vapor drivers on hole #1 on Kiawah with same conditions wind blowing out 0-2 mph, hitting each 10 times, the M5 did slightly better on distance by 2 to 5 yards & the meter just a tad slower ,"BTW why is a tad a measurement", any way, you guys who said that it was not worth the cost to replace a 287 ave. driver with a 289 ave. club were right. but if a free rental weekend comes up, i would like some other opinions.

Also wondering what if Donald Trump call & asked me how high to build the wall, i would recommend he spend u.s. tax dollars to hire J.D. Power & associates to test human catapults manufacturers to determine maximum height, giving the best one a plaque, and pass the secret info. to the president. 

Maybe Craig could provide some useful video of practical applications of the catapult use from Monty Pythons, Life of Brian Movie.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Jun 7 2019 7:43 PM

ander101:
    Maybe Craig could provide some useful video of practical applications of the catapult use from Monty Pythons, Life of Brian Movie.

I was with you all the way through but, useful info from Craig?

Now I know you are not serious...........

LOL

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 9:01 PM

I have the level 99 R1 and have just played a CC matchplay, my opponent used the TM103, with a TM 61 ball against my 81 and i was outdriven on most holes by as much as 14 yds.

Might be needing a new driver. 

**edit** no Simon he was using the old discontinued one

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2019 10:41 AM

You mean your opponent used the new TM M5 L103?

It must be 'cause if you're referring to TM R1 L103, it doesn't make sense since it's identical to your R1 L99 except for the head colour.

Me too, I might consider the new M5 if it really makes that much of noticeable difference as you stated.

RSS