Forums

Help › Forums

Re: L103 Driver replacement?

Tue, Jun 11 2019 10:41 AM (28 replies)
  • Smith0557
    8 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 11:32 AM

Wondering why WGT would remover a club that gives an advantage to some of the players and then offer no replacement to all the players that have worked so hard to get to that point after?  It's almost like someone that works at WGT is also a player and seems to cut out the legs from any players that are advancing behind them.  Half the players that got that club were able to use the Glitch to get to Level 103 to begin with so the players that make it to L103 now have worked twice as hard to earn it and are not afforded the same ability as other players that happened to get there before them.

Where is the replacement Driver for us to compete with other L103 and above players?

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 4:47 PM

First off you are only L102 . Also it was announced a few months ago that some clubs were going to be removed from the pro shop . Had you paid attention to the forum posts you would have known this . The L103 driver wasnt a game changer or a magic wand so its not the end of the world .

Some new clubs are going to be added with the next update . Not sure as to how many or what levels but they will be added until at least L100 . If you want to compete with the top players then get the top putter .Tournaments are won on the greens and not the tees so learn how to be a great putter .

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 6:28 PM

Smith0557:

Wondering why WGT would remover a club that gives an advantage to some of the players and then offer no replacement to all the players that have worked so hard to get to that point after?  It's almost like someone that works at WGT is also a player and seems to cut out the legs from any players that are advancing behind them.  Half the players that got that club were able to use the Glitch to get to Level 103 to begin with so the players that make it to L103 now have worked twice as hard to earn it and are not afforded the same ability as other players that happened to get there before them.

As Lonnie already mentioned, the club isn't a game changer. In fact, I tried it a couple of times and decided it wasn't worth the credits. And I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that half the players who have the club got there through use of the glitch. Even if that were true, which I seriously doubt, how is that relevant? 

WGT isn't cutting the legs out from anyone. Yes, I'm sure there are many people who would like to see a replacement for the L103. But in the meantime, I think the rhetoric is unnecessary. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 8:35 PM

Robert1893:
    As Lonnie already mentioned, the club isn't a game changer.

I have the level 99 R1 rated at 289, and yet I do find myself outdriven or ‘neck & neck’ with my opponent on some drives.

What was the ‘glitch’ you refer too…..

Drive for show……putt for dough!

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2019 8:51 AM

I have the Driver, and still outdriven sometimes with less distance ball, and less driver distance. It’s the approach and putting that wins the game. Which I’m both suck at..lol

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2019 11:06 AM

Smith: You have a concern about not having a driver that has a higher output than your current driver and yet you carry two 56* wedges that have almost the same distance rating. Why is this? Wouldn't a 60* wedge fit in your bag a little bit better?

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2019 2:45 PM

I disagree, the tm 103 was a real game changer for me, but everyone plays a different way, so maybe it was just a good thing for me.  The glitch I believe that is being spoke of, was the cc custom course glitch, which allowed you to level up much faster, and is now gone.  I too, wonder why they removed the higher end clubs and are waiting soooo long to replace them>?   Im really stumped as to what 2 wedges has to do with this conversation>  

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2019 3:11 PM

Game changer…….

Just played a AS match, I was outdriven 4 times, my opponent was using cally balls, I had a 81 TM.

Luckystar5:
    I disagree, the tm 103 was a real game changer for me, but everyone plays a different way, so maybe it was just a good thing for me.  The glitch I believe that is being spoke of, was the cc custom course glitch, which allowed you to level up much faster, and is now gone.  I too, wonder why they removed the higher end clubs and are waiting soooo long to replace them>?   Im really stumped as to what 2 wedges has to do with this conversation>

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2019 3:56 PM

I disagree, I have the 8 degree TM, the 103 lvl TM, and the lvl 100 Nike(in fact the "old" red one)....use the 103 on 1 or 2 courses, the 8 degree on 1 course, and the Nike 99% of the time, and I don't see much difference between any of the 3 distance wise on most courses!

In fact the 103 TM is the worst of the 3 for me....but that's me...I noticed several were using it in Denmark(if not all)

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2019 8:34 PM

lonniescott711:
    If you want to compete with the top players then get the top putter .Tournaments are won on the greens and not the tees so learn how to be a great putter .

And there it is right there:Putting!

The difference between a 62  and a 55 is not landing 18 of 18 approaches within 10ft or driving 10 yards further down the fairway.

Top shelf putter helps, but doesn't make a significant difference compared to some lower lvl models. The Max Legend is a great example.

I'll stick with my Big Bertha, even if a replacement for the TM 103 289yrd model becomes available.

RSS