birchi

fmagnets

frenchconnect

golfx3

JacobLeschly

sebicu

WaLk0fLiFe

Yiannis1970

Who do you think will take home the $5,000 prize?

This CLASS of players are definitely (hands-down) THE HIGHEST "SKILLED" players in the community. 

ANYONE can shoot low scores but these are players that not only shoot low scores, they shoot low scores consistently and with a class of sportsmanship and respect that puts them - BY FAR - in their own league. 

This said, it is not the incredible skill and knowledge of the game that makers these players THE BEST in the community, it is their HUMBLE character, respect, and sportsmanship that puts them WELL ABOVE players who THINK they are even in the same league as this list of players. These players represent WGT in a way not many other player in the community could even come close to achieving. 

It was very cool to watch and even better was the way it was programmed into the community. HUGE PROPS to WGT / TG.

A League of Their Own -  Humble Class Act.Thank you for representing WGT. 

From all of us at The Elite CC, thank you for your unbelievable skill competition. OTE 

• WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2019 4:47 PM

Congrats to fmags on the win :)

He played amazingly well and I think we all know the better player won :)

The trip was great. The prodcution quality was mind blowing tbh. I did not expect such an elaborate setup.

Meeting the guys in person was a real treat. I can honestly say they are all top notch lads and I enjoyed the time spent with them very much. I can't stress enough how cool/chill all these guys are. Everyone got on well and that added a lot to the experience. By the end it was like we were all old friends lol.. It was spectatcular.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, May 26 2019 2:03 AM

Sounds great Simon and Jo, it really does seem to have worked out really well.  As there's only one cash prize it's just a bonus someone gets, the trip and the company must be what makes it really worthwhile.

I thought eveyone played great in unfamiliar circumstances.  Mags play in the final was stunning but, Simon's play at CB was also remarkable and Jo's hole out on 16 at St.A's was probably, given the circumstances, the shot of the tournament.     

I hope the winner bought the beers if the free ones ran out ;-))

• bluey403
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, May 26 2019 3:03 AM

I don't often comment on these sort of things

I watched both semi finals on replay today, and within a few minutes I was absolutely blown away. Pretty much like I interacted in a moving production of "Alice in Wonderland ' when I was about 9 years old

Great move from everyone involved to promote our game going forward. 

Maybe, just maybe these events become more regular

Even tho I know the result, lookin forward to watchin the final

Hopefully Us Aussies get the opportunity to play the virtual Australian Egame Open in the future

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Sun, May 26 2019 11:51 AM

Gotta admit, there can only be 1 top dogg in this game, and he clearly goes by the name of FMAGNETS. Best putter, best feel player, and astounding short game propels him over the top on the most consistent basis. I once scoffed at this chap (like 5 years ago), thinking he couldn't be a legit player shooting like this, but alas i was wrong. In my book, the top 5 players in order are Mags, ujjbnjk, Young46, WalkofLife, then JoeMaverick. Just an eyeball test after witnessing years of matches and victories. No one comes close no matter how hard they try. Cheers mates!

• frenchconnect
    829 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 6:00 AM

First off, I would like to thank DreamHack for putting together this first European eTour event in Denmark. A lot of time and energy went into making it, and it was such an honor for me to just even be involved. I would also like to thank all of the guys on the crew, and the hosts (Kasper, Dennis, Simon, Mark, Sam, just to name a few) for working tirelessly to put this event together. It took a lot of us by surprise with how professional they all were at doing their jobs, and it exceeded all of my expectations. I'd like to thank the entire wgt community and to all the viewers for the support. I would also like to thank WGT for creating such an amazing game, as none of this would have been possible without it!

For me, this really was an experience of a lifetime, as I have never traveled outside of North America before. It was really cool to visit another country and see and learn all of the differences and similarities between the cultures. It was very eye opening to see the different ways the world can work.

And with the tournament being centered at a real golf course, during a professional European Tour Event, was just another bonus. I am such a big fan of real golf, which is what got me into playing this game. So I was soaking up every moment of the entire week and taking nothing for granted.

Getting to meet and hang out with all of these top wgt players was also really cool too. It was nice to put a name and face on all of these guys, and I couldn't believe how well we all got along. By the end of the trip, it felt like we were all best friends.

A huge congratulations to Fmagents for winning the tournament! And also a big congrats to all the rest of the guys for competing their hearts out. No one wanted to lose, but I think we all handled ourselves with dignity and showed what this game is really all about.

At the end of the day, this game is about competing, but more importantly, it's about enjoying your time with others and having fun. And I think that's exactly what we got here. I really believe this event was a success, and I look forward to hopefully seeing more of these competitions in the future!

Thank you all very much!

Jon

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 7:54 AM

Apart from your fantastic performance Jon, you were great on commentary.

Well done.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 12:53 PM

bubbsboy:

Well done.

I thought for a minute I was watching a Matt Damon lookalike too…….

Well played guys, it was great to watch, and as it’s been mentioned put names to faces.

• frenchconnect
    829 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 4:10 PM
    bubbsboy:

Well done.

Thanks! :-)
    andwhy67:

I thought for a minute I was watching a Matt Damon lookalike too…….

Well played guys, it was great to watch, and as it’s been mentioned put names to faces.

LOL! tyvm, I'm glad we were able to put on a good show
  • AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 7:03 PM

krskfr:

Gotta admit, there can only be 1 top dogg in this game, and he clearly goes by the name of FMAGNETS. Best putter, best feel player, and astounding short game propels him over the top on the most consistent basis. I once scoffed at this chap (like 5 years ago), thinking he couldn't be a legit player shooting like this, but alas i was wrong. In my book, the top 5 players in order are Mags, ujjbnjk, Young46, WalkofLife, then JoeMaverick. Just an eyeball test after witnessing years of matches and victories. No one comes close no matter how hard they try. Cheers mates!

Yet only one has won a Vuso out of your list? Joe Maverick in my eyes is the all time great. If you consider those who can figure out the math and develop a software program to automatically show numbers, he's your guy. No feel whatsoever, but he can sure score. The others in this list are great players, I think fmagnets is a great player. However if you look at every year the leaderboard, fmagnets has beat me once in vuso, and has never won?

Others can play great without any kind of aids including fmagnets, the players who can at top level is a rarity. I would love to play fmagnets head on with no aids in a setting like this. I think I would win honestly. I've never used any kind of aids besides a calculator, all I need is a mouse a monitor and windows. The best players know how to perform under pressure. The VUSO is the ultimate test of one's nerves. Just saying. But that's the truth. Bollox is probably still the best in game imo.

agentbrown77 in the chat was a pretty genius impersonation! lol 

Edit: in response to dodgyputter since moderation takes time.

Ok, so since fmagnets didn't place before 2013, that's doesn't count but me not playing in 2015 does somehow? At best in the last 10 years we're all square in placement, but you are accurate in that it wasn't just once.

The point stands though that for someone who is considered the all time best, he should show better than I?

Most would consider my 2nd place finish in the 2013 vuso as a win at merion. I was given the trip and was given credit for the earnings on stats. Years prior if you weren't  eligible you were deleted from leaderboard. That happened I believe with stonecoldkiller the year before at Olympic in 2012 if memory serves right. And the 1st place was trying to manipulate and deceive in order to take home the title and trip in 2013. Didn't have the same pressure as those who knew what was at stake, assuming what years past would result in. I didn't change my flag (sign that you know you're not eligible) he changed from Sweden to England, an eligible country. That happened just before or after his first round, and that's a fact.

The real list should be:

2010 - did not participate

2011 - did not participate 

2012 - did not participate

2013 AgentBrown123 1st Fmagnets 13th

2014 AgentBrown123 15th  Fmagnets 2nd

2015 did not participate Fmagents 5th

2016 AgentBrown123 7th   Fmagnets 3rd

2017 AgentBrown123 4th  Fmagnets 5th

2018 AgentBrown123 16th  Fmagnets 4th

Average position in 5/6 vuso events: 4.8 for fmagnets, 8.6 for AgentBrown123. Fmagents placing better in 3 out of 5.

Vuso win/trip: fmagnets 0, AgentBrown123 1

2nd edit in response:

Think everyone knows I'm disliked in community so I'm just going with it. Might as well since everyone has their preconcieved notion of who I am. To the person saying I just need attention because I wasn't invited. Well I believe that is false. I understand why I wasn't invited, I'm not the most popular on here and deservedly so in certain cases. I think it would have been fun personally if I were invited, would have added to the competition. Can you imagine fmagnets and I playing? Lol! He probably would have tried strangling me.

I simply disagreed with someone's post and gave reasons for why. Secondly I don't care if people like me on a virtual golf game. In a way this has come back to bite me for events such as this. I realize this may come across as not being nice, however what appears to be the case online doesn't always hold true to real life. I know my opinions are not popular yet I still state them because I can and why not? I don't suck up to supposedly the best at the game or people's popular opinions. I did however state that I think bollox is the best which includes being better than myself.

I do hold regret on occasions where I haven't held myself in a respectable manner and I'm dealing with consequences if you want to call it such.

There are many in here who will say one thing and then stab you right in the back like we're still in high school. I just state what I think right there out in public not worrying who it offends. I guess that's not nice but at least I'm real.

Peace

RSS