Forums

Help › Forums

Re: delay using swing meter

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 12 2009 7:14 AM (4 replies)
  • 400ft
    17 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2008 6:19 AM

I frequently experience such strong delays when using the swing meter, that a significant percentage of my shots (25-50%) are less accurate then possible.

Sometimes, there is such a delay that the swing meter reaches the very right end when I click. As a result, I need an estimated 1-5 shots more per round just because of that.

In my opinion, getting this problem fixed is more important than everything else because it really makes the game unplayable.

• Dtexan
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jan 3 2009 12:17 PM

Now don't get me wrong as i am not a computer genius but i very seldom get the swing stutter that you mention. I used to get it more but have found that if i keep my computer defragmented and delete temporary internet files that i don't have the problem.I also make sure that the computer has no other programs running in the background.

This swing meter problem may be on the end of WGT but for me doing the above keeps the stutter to a minimum, almost never.

These are easy things to try and might be worth your time. Hope this helps.

• 400ft
    17 Posts
    Sat, Jan 3 2009 3:36 PM

Hey DTexan,

thanks for your reply. I don't think it's my computer (Mac Mini) or internet connection (2mb broadband). I also make sure that my browser (Mozilla Firefox) is the only running application. And it's not like the game is generally running slow. It's just that sometimes there are these annoying 0.1s to 1s delays that mess up my handicap really badly.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2009 11:05 AM

Hi 400ft, on the shots where your swing meter is jumpy, don't click and let it run to the end. The game treats this as a practice shot and you won't be penalized. You should also check our system requirements page to make sure your computer is optimized for WGT: http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx

• Rayj00
    43 Posts
    Mon, Jan 12 2009 7:14 AM

I noticed the same thing. I was always using FireFox. So I tried IE. I played 2 rounds and  did not notice any delay.  So it could be FireFox?

RSS