Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Buying Credits from Australia.

Thu, May 23 2019 3:13 PM (7 replies)
  • aichapman
    1,313 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2019 5:26 PM

Hi folks, 

I have been trying to find in Forums the BEST option to Buy Credits other than using PayPal as the Exchange Rate is getting worse. E G $100.00 to WGT is around $ 180.00 Aust.

I wonder are there options available in Australia to get a better deal.

Similar to the U S Subway Card I see people mentioning.

Anyone out there with any suggestions please.

Years ago I could help supplement my credits with RG's which helped, but I don't play them anymore.

I am using cheaper balls now and love playing with my mates, but sometimes I would like to donate some things to our club but the cost is getting too high.( Due to the exchange rate )

Would appreciate any info that is a cheaper option.

Cheers from Alan

• ozysouthpaw
    2,831 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2019 2:01 AM

aichapman:

Hi folks, 

I have been trying to find in Forums the BEST option to Buy Credits other than using PayPal as the Exchange Rate is getting worse. E G $100.00 to WGT is around $ 180.00 Aust.

I wonder are there options available in Australia to get a better deal.

Similar to the U S Subway Card I see people mentioning.

Anyone out there with any suggestions please.

Years ago I could help supplement my credits with RG's which helped, but I don't play them anymore.

I am using cheaper balls now and love playing with my mates, but sometimes I would like to donate some things to our club but the cost is getting too high.( Due to the exchange rate )

Would appreciate any info that is a cheaper option.

Cheers from Alan

Bump

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2019 2:53 AM

Hello there,

I used to buy wgt credits before and I used PayPal. Whenever I used PayPal there was not a single dime I had to pay extra in any way or in any form (especially me not being from US)

Let me ask you one question. What is the currency you had set in the PayPal?

Is it US dollars? 

Here is the receipt of one of my transcation. You can see, iam charged 0 extra money.

- Carl 

• aichapman
    1,313 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2019 6:48 AM

Hi Carl, thanks for inquiring.

Paypal doesn't charge me a fee ( other than 2 or 3 cents above conversion rate ), what the problem is, is when I buy U S the last time it was through Paypal and $1.00 Australian bought me 66.36 cents U S . So I don't get credit of equal value from Australia. Roughly $30.00 Aust. equals $ 20.00 U S.

What I am asking is there a cheaper option available through a card or some company promotion that is better to use, as to narrow the margin.

Sorry I didn't make it clearer. 

As far as I know Paypal has to convert Aust dollar value to U S dollar and that is why I was wondering if there are U S Gift Cards or Promos offering better deal.

Cheers from Alan and thanks for sparing your time with that information

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2019 12:56 PM

aichapman:

Hi Carl, thanks for inquiring.

Paypal doesn't charge me a fee ( other than 2 or 3 cents above conversion rate ), what the problem is, is when I buy U S the last time it was through Paypal and $1.00 Australian bought me 66.36 cents U S . So I don't get credit of equal value from Australia. Roughly $30.00 Aust. equals $ 20.00 U S.

What I am asking is there a cheaper option available through a card or some company promotion that is better to use, as to narrow the margin.

Sorry I didn't make it clearer. 

As far as I know Paypal has to convert Aust dollar value to U S dollar and that is why I was wondering if there are U S Gift Cards or Promos offering better deal.

Cheers from Alan and thanks for sparing your time with that information

Hi Alan - 

I understand your issue/question.  

You are correct that Paypal has to make the rate conversion, since WGT operates with the US dollar.  That is true with any transaction, however, so the same would apply to any transaction where you buy something - like a gift card - that is sold in US dollars.

I feel your pain somewhat as I used to travel around the world and dealt with numerous exchange rates.  In general the exchange rates reflect the relative vaue of a unit of currency to another unit in a different country.  Usually, the units have different names so the comparison is more obvious.

Various countries use the term "dollar" for their primary currency - including Aus, NZ, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan.  They all have different conversion rates, however.  For example, the HK dollar exchanges for $7.85 USD and the New Taiwan $ is $31.46 USD!

Hope this helps.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 2:10 AM

DoctorLarry:

Hi Alan - 

I understand your issue/question.

I'm not so sure.  I reckon he was looking for an offer or promotion somewhere not information about the international exchange rate.

I used to get a much better rate of credits to the £ by using phone credit but this stopped a while ago, I don't know of any offers now.  Is there any difference if they're bought on mobile?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 7:22 AM

@aichapman

Not much you can do, just now anyway as the hard greenback is going great guns at present.

Strong as that trend is likely to continue for the greenback the Oz interpretation of $s will get better soon enough, just not back to the other extreme of parity any time soon.

Hang in there and don't exchange much for a while if relying on day to day exchange rates as must be doing - same as most.

• aichapman
    1,313 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 3:13 PM

Thanks guys for your feedback.

That has got me sorted.

I appreciate you folks for taking your time to answer my question.

Cheers from downunder.

Al

RSS