Re: New Clubs

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 26 2019 9:30 AM (36 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2019 11:53 AM

Robert1893:

JLSims10:
    . On the par 4s and 5s there T-box is 100 or more yards closer to the hole than my Legend tee box

. And if you're referring to coin room games, I have to believe the ability to purchase all of that apparel stuff sort of mitigates that anyway. 

as noted by #Robert, who appears to be trending again... AVOID coin rooms or match play scenarios where you play from default tees... the little description in the coin room tells you at what point you start playing the same tee otherwise it specifies default... avoid those coin rooms for the very reason you mention.  

• RoryRodriguez
    85 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2019 9:09 PM

While I love playing real world golf and spending freely on it, I've been frustrated with WGT for some time now and refuse to spend a dime on it. Through watching videos and buying flowers for my wife I've managed to accrue almost 8,000 game credits, but have no reason to use them. 

The mobile version of WGT has the same irritating bugs & inconsistencies, stuttery swing bar, and slop that have been present for some time now. The lack of being able to draw or fade the ball, and the inability to hit any club other than a wedge out of most fairway bunkers leaves me feeling like WGT isn't even close to real golf. I thoroughly enjoy all of my real world rounds even if I play poorly...but in WGT I'm often left feeling like the game sucker-punched me in the stomach! (Like when my 195-yard 4-iron inexplicably travels 135 yards into a hazard, from a flat, windless fairway position.)

Having said all of that, I would use the credits I have to buy anything new & decent from Taylormade if they ever offer it. But spend real money on a bug-filled game on my phone?? Ridiculous. I'll save my money for real clubs and real play.

-Steve

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 6:16 AM

Spending real dollars on this is no different than spending real dollars on ANYTHING you deem entertaining.   Taking in a movie, a nice dinner out, real golf, a board game or even some other computer game.  

If you spend money elsewhere for entertainment value, not sure why people come on here to say doing the same here is sooo out there.  What's the difference? 

There's no way a 4 iron will ever hit 135 yards with no wind -- think you're exaggerating there. 

• JLSims10
    16 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 7:39 AM

A 4 iron will definitely hit 135 yards but you would never use it.  That's a 9 iron shot. And you don't have to spend real money on this game. All you have to do is let videos play while you are watching TV.  That's the way i got and get everything.  All the latest culbs, good 600 credit balls, premium membership. The worst thing WGT has came out with is these L0 clubs.  They hurt us Legend players.  A Hack tee box is approx. 150 yards and sometimes more closer to the hole than us Legend players.  If they have that club it turns a lot of Par 5 holes into Par 4s and a lot of Par 4 holes into Par 3s. And then there are these players that know how to quit a game when they are losing and both players lose. The game just goes away.  I quit playing all games except the 180 coin game room due to several times this happened in costly coin games. Those are a couple of things WGT needs to address an update their programming. They also need to fix their programming as to their contacting them.  The in game option does not work anymore.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 9:06 AM

kavvz:
    Spending real dollars on this is no different than spending real dollars on ANYTHING you deem entertaining. 

I understand where you are coming from, but I think I would point out... it is a bit different... how many of those places you listed allow you to sit around filling out surveys or clicking through ad videos until you pay for your movie, dinner, or round of golf?

WGT was wise enough to realize the popularity of the game would diminish greatly if they didn't find a way to offset the cost of playing "seemingly for free" or with a bit of your own time invested.

Yes, some spend their hard earned money, but many use the options within the game, which still generates revenue for WGT so they don't mind either way... otherwise... I would wager... like real golf that can be very expensive... the game would have a much smaller and much more selective number of participants.

• ander101
    390 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2019 7:16 AM

Is anyone willing to pay the rental fee or has purchased  the new L102 Titleist driver to see if the 291 average is  somewhat accurate ?

Kiawah hole 1 is a good test spot.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2019 9:30 AM

RSS