Help › Forums

Re: New Clubs

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 26 2019 9:30 AM (36 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 3:08 PM

@el3n1 

I'm not sure how any of that applies to this situation and gifting a person a club. The last time I recall any clubs reduced in levels were when the Nike clubs were reduced. And those clubs were removed in January 2017. The player I responded to started playing in November 2017. 

And to my knowledge, a player can't gift from his own clubs. 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 3:40 PM

#robert 

the gifting and purchase option both existed for those clubs at various times... both the driver and nike clubs... both types of clubs were obtained by players on WGT long after they were removed from the pro shop...  it could explain how a person, even after the clubs were removed in 2017 still obtained the clubs much later, years in fact.  I believe I read the person's comment saying he "received the gift" not that he gifted himself.  there does also appear to be confusion over coins and credits, but the fact remains those clubs were available long after they were discontinued and can explain why and how people obtained them or were gifted them.  you can easily find members on WGT who didn't join WGT until long after the clubs were removed owning such clubs.  we know it happened. 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 4:04 PM

@el3n1 

Ok. I think I understand now. Maybe that's what happened. 

On an unrelated note, why do you use hashtags? I didn't think this site supported them. 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 4:10 PM

Robert1893:
    why do you use hashtags?

honestly, I think I saw someone else do it at one point so I figured I should too. : )  no other reason.. would you prefer I use @ instead of # when I don't quote?  : )

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 4:48 PM

el3n1:
    honestly, I think I saw someone else do it at one point so I figured I should too. : )  no other reason.. would you prefer I use @ instead of # when I don't quote?  : )

Doesn't matter to me. I just thought you had a reason. On Twitter they're extremely useful for finding similar posts easily. But I don't believe they serve the same function here. 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 4:54 PM

Robert1893:
    I just thought you had a reason.

I guess it could make people feel like they are "trending" : ) and be a morale booster... 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 4:57 PM

el3n1:
    I guess it could make people feel like they are "trending" : ) and be a morale booster..

There ya go! 

Look at you... getting things done today. :-) 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 6:28 PM

Robert1893:

el3n1:
    I guess it could make people feel like they are "trending" : ) and be a morale booster..

There ya go! 

Look at you... getting things done today. :-) 

Both of you guys are "trendy"............|;-)

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2019 10:25 AM

JLSims10:
    I just saw that my friend that gifted me the club and asked him. He said he gifted it and it was credits. He doesn’t remember the exact amount of credits but said it was close to 3000. The credits was taken out of his account. He is an Amateur player.

I don't ever recall the L103 driver being that low in price. I think at its lowest price was when it was being discontinued and was part of the flash sale. Even then, it was over 3,000 credits. Regardless, if it was a relatively recent purchase, then it should show in his activity log. 

JLSims10:
    WGT needs to update their program and have the tee boxes set using a players level and club availability not by his ranking. With these new Level 0 clubs they have now introduced into the game it puts the lower ranked players in a whole lot better position to get eagles than any other player. On the par 4s and 5s there T-box is 100 or more yards closer to the hole than my Legend tee box

While not disagreeing with you, that's extremely unlikely to happen. Besides, if they're winning tournaments, they'll be tiered up by WGT rather quickly. And if you're referring to coin room games, I have to believe the ability to purchase all of that apparel stuff sort of mitigates that anyway. 

• Mitch2992
    203 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2019 11:49 AM

Yeah, I agree. SOMETHING. I’m at the point of Tour Champ, have every top club that can/could be bought, Wolf Creek was a nice addition, but looks like moving forward on this WGT journey guys in my position have little to look forward to. Can’t tier up, no new clubs, probably no new courses, no ability for mobile players to play 2-4 man scrambles (which doesn’t make any sense, because in coin tie breakers we are dropped/hitting from the same spot). Or how about the ability to work the ball, fade or draw the ball? Talk about adding a real challenge for players to develop those skills. Not complaining, but moving forward very little to get excited about. Maybe that’s WGT’s goal kind of a way to put us to pasture. If WGT Champion peruses these posts maybe introduce something for the high tier and level players, and don’t mean apparel....playing dress up for my avatar is a waste of time, how about something related to game play. Would be nice...but so would world peace or a cure for cancer, wonder if those would get better odds of happening first.

RSS