Help › Forums

Re: New Clubs

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 26 2019 9:30 AM (36 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 11:17 AM

ander101:
    Higher tier player with the R1 L103 driver still out drive me & do this with a ball with a distance of around 5.0, so are playing a ball with a cost of 500 to 600 credits.

There are various factors involved here.  I would say you are right some times and other times wrong.  I have the driver you reference but I don't always out drive my opponents when using comparable balls... 

The reasons can vary from the amount of spin applied, to the trajectory of the driver, head wind, tail wind, and whether someone gets a good bounce in the fairway or not.  Sometimes a lower spinning mid range ball goes further than the L103 driver and a high end ball due to the spin applied.  

I upgraded because I thought I needed too, but I really didn't find that much of a difference and regretted spending the extra credits at the time...

Your scoring is done with your approach shots and putting.  Rarely is a driver giving you a look at a putt inside 5 ft.  

I have even watched some top players remove the L103 driver from their bag and put a lower level driver into play on certain courses... position in fairways can matter more than length off the tee in WGT.

• JLSims10
    16 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 8:18 AM

I was gifted the Level 103 driver but at the time of the gift I was only Level 102 or maybe Level 101 i don’t remember which one. I have now achieved Level 103 but I can’t find where to go to get back to the gift. I have looked in my inbox but it’s not there. Can you tell me how or where to go to get back to the gift now to accept the club gift.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 9:31 AM

• JLSims10
    16 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 10:38 AM

I don’t have the email. I do remember the player that gifted it to me. He already told me the coins was taken out of his account. The club showed up in my inbox account. I was taking the free coin spin later don’t remember if it was days or weeks later but I noticed the gift was gone. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 11:36 AM

JLSims10:

I was gifted the Level 103 driver but at the time of the gift I was only Level 102 or maybe Level 101 i don’t remember which one. I have now achieved Level 103 but I can’t find where to go to get back to the gift. I have looked in my inbox but it’s not there. Can you tell me how or where to go to get back to the gift now to accept the club gift.

That club is no longer in the Pro Shop, so it can't be gifted now.  I assume it cannot be retrieved, either.

I would not think WGT would have let the transaction go through at the time, anyway.  No?

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 12:02 PM

JLSims10:
    I don’t have the email. I do remember the player that gifted it to me. He already told me the coins was taken out of his account. The club showed up in my inbox account. I was taking the free coin spin later don’t remember if it was days or weeks later but I noticed the gift was gone.

That club could not be gifted or purchased with coins, it could only be gifted or purchased with credits. And clubs cannot be gifted below a person's level. While I'm not sure what happened there, I seriously doubt the club was actually gifted to you. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 12:06 PM

I really don't know the mobile game, would it even be possible to buy the L103 driver with coins?  I am pretty sure it's not possible to gift equipment sold at a higher level than the recipient is at the time of the gift.

Edit :Lol; thanks Robert, I must learn to type faster :-)

• JLSims10
    16 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 1:31 PM

I just saw that my friend that gifted me the club and asked him. He said he gifted it and it was credits. He doesn’t remember the exact amount of credits but said it was close to 3000. The credits was taken out of his account. He is an Amateur player. I do know that the club came into my inbox. He said he gets credits all the time like I do while watching tv and he don’t remember them being given back as his credits change throughout the day the same as mine do. When we became friends I told him what I do to keep up with the best clubs. In my opinion doing so helps especially if you learn what to do when hitting out of the rough or the sand. The better clubs you have can enable you to turn some par 5s into 4s and some par 4s into 3s. It has for me. 

WGT needs to update their program and have the tee boxes set using a players level and club availability not by his ranking. With these new Level 0 clubs they have now introduced into the game it puts the lower ranked players in a whole lot better position to get eagles than any other player. On the par 4s and 5s there T-box is 100 or more yards closer to the hole than my Legend tee box

• JLSims10
    16 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 1:35 PM
    Maybe someone can tell me or WGT can if reading this how to contact WGT as none of the in game functions on trying to contact them work for me.
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 2:57 PM

Robert1893:
    And clubs cannot be gifted below a person's level. While I'm not sure what happened there, I seriously doubt the club was actually gifted to you. 

I tried to check the players bag but did not see the club... but as it pertains to the mobile platform... you need to remember the L103 comparable driver that could be obtained on the mobile platform at one time was a limited edition driver that was knocked down to L99 I believe... so someone could have potentially acquired a L103 equivalent driver without being L103.  This may be a technicality but it could explain this nuance if someone reports having a L103 equivalent driver while not being L103 at that time.  

That said, I do believe WGT took steps to close this "back door" to obtaining the discontinued clubs.  But, if it was obtained before that happened that would explain how it was  done on the mobile platform.

RSS