Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New Clubs

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 26 2019 9:30 AM (36 replies)
  • ander101
    390 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2019 12:20 PM

With now being in the second major of the year, this would be an excellent time for WGT to come out with the Titleist TS3 driver at mabey L102 or 103 , with an ave distance of 290yds. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2019 7:49 PM

ander101:

With now being in the second major of the year, this would be an excellent time for WGT to come out with the Titleist TS3 driver at mabey L102 or 103 , with an ave distance of 290yds. 

L102 or L103??

I would prefer it at L97,

(where I will be tomorrow!)

• slicer0O7
    123 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2019 11:41 PM

There was a Driver (Callaway Rogue (?)) with a distance of 289 yds @ lvl 103.

For the moment, the lvl 100 of 287 yds is the best driver in the shop.

This means that there is an advantage for them who have that 289 yds Driver .... :-(

So yes, WGT, come with a driver with a good meter speed (4.5 - 4.8) and a nice distance (290 yds) for the top players  (lvl 103 - 105).

Thanks

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 5:49 AM

I wonder why you feel the need to have a new longer driver at all.  You are averaging 299 yds and hitting over 85% of your fairways.  What do you need this driver to do?  I just wonder.

• ander101
    390 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 7:27 AM

Wonder no more

To achieve the drives i am hitting currently i have to use a ball with a distance rating of 5.5, at a cost of 750 credits.

Higher tier player with the R1 L103 driver still out drive me & do this with a ball with a distance of around 5.0, so are playing a ball with a cost of 500 to 600 credits.

So to stay competitive with the higher tier players, a driver with more distance would allow me to use a ball with lower cost, say 600 credits , the driver is a 1 time purchase, golf ball need to be replaced constantly.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 1:22 PM

Comparing the top driver now vs then:

Club              L100 Cally    L103 TM

Price                  4045           4495

Yds                     287             289

Precision              4.5              4.5

Forgiveness         4.6              4.5

Shot Shaping       0.5              0.5

Spin                     1.0               1.0

Meter                   4.4               4.5

Differences in bold.  Not much difference.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 1:36 AM

I don’t care much how far the ball goes, it’s the approach that I’m focusing on.

• CosmicDreams
    45 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 1:48 AM

The difference of 2 yards between the retired TM LVL103 and the current LVL100 Cally is negligible.

During the Masters tourni, there was a free rental weekend, and I rented the LVL100 Cally just to compare it with the LVL103 TM.  I hit 15 drives with each in low winds -- 5 at full back spin/ 5 at full top spin/& 5 at no spin.

There was literally zero discernible distance difference between the 2 clubs.  I actually out-drove the TM with the Cally on several occasions.  The difference could be attributed to the random effect built into the WGT game engine, and whether the shot was dinged.

Nevertheless, I do expect them to eventually come out with a 290 yard driver, but it won't be a game breaker if you already have the LVL103 TM or the LVL100 Cally.  I suspect they're giving the LVL100 Cally it's chance to shine, as it was a mostly skipped over club in the past with the TM only a couple LVLs away.

• ander101
    390 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 7:19 AM

With all do respect, was this test of drivers preformed with starter balls, with a distance of 0.0.

I rarely use full backspin on a drive, it prevents rollout after landing, 1/4 or 1/2 back seems to work better with a tail wind, no spin into win, but it depends a lot on the ball being used stats. such as distance & spin.

I respect Robert 1893's opinion, he seems like a very intelligent fellow, i would appreciate his assessment of the driver test that was done. 

I did check some player stats. that use the R1 L103 driver with an average ball, say dis.4.5, one player has magnet in name.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 10:42 AM

ander101:

With all do respect, was this test of drivers preformed with starter balls, with a distance of 0.0.

I rarely use full backspin on a drive, it prevents rollout after landing, 1/4 or 1/2 back seems to work better with a tail wind, no spin into win, but it depends a lot on the ball being used stats. such as distance & spin.

I respect Robert 1893's opinion, he seems like a very intelligent fellow, i would appreciate his assessment of the driver test that was done. 

I did check some player stats. that use the R1 L103 driver with an average ball, say dis.4.5, one player has magnet in name.

Not a challenge, but I doubt many players with this club use starter balls, so a driver test using one with spin makes sense to me.  Similarly, I doubt you used starter balls to come to your conclusion regarding what spin to use for varying wind - as you said it does depend on the ball.  I know I play wind and spin somewhat differently than you, but each of our opinions are probably just based on what works for us and not extensive testing.

I will have no way of comparing the two clubs - since one is no longer available (it was on my list of future purchases until it was removed from the Pro Shop!)

As always, YMMV!

And that Robert1893 guy - Hmmmm.  He is so snarky!

|;-)

RSS