Help › Forums

Re: WTF????

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 15 2019 10:17 PM (23 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, May 15 2019 6:10 PM

TheCarGuy:
    While we are on the subject, I played a guy yesterday that had a 68 scoring average and he was a level 56 and still a Tour Pro. I'm a Level 55 and shoot 78 and am a Master. He freaking murdered me on distance and accuracy. 

At Master you need 25 Ranked Rounds as a Master to saturate your average. When your Average gets to 63, you move to Tour Master.

The big thing is saturate your average so it does not go up anymore. Then Practice,Practice and more Practice.

• Charlly92
    856 Posts
    Wed, May 15 2019 10:17 PM

kavvz:

That's great advice, and if a lot disagree with you they shouldn't.

The same could be said for ball.  A lot think if you buy a sleeve of 1000cr Pro V's, you're going to shoot better right away.  Not so.  The truth is if you haven't learned the game and taken the time to learn what your clubs & ball combination do, then just buying better equipment / ball isn't going to make much difference at all.

Cheers!

brad

Thank u Brad,

That's exactly the point I was trying to get across :)

U just explained it better, lol

Charlly :)

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2019 5:28 AM

DonCaron:

The big thing is saturate your average so it does not go up anymore. Then Practice,Practice and more Practice.

Rounds set up using (including your tier conditions) in practice have no affect on you average.  Saturated or not.  Go play a tournament, see what the conditions are, set those conditions with a practice round, play as many times as you want.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2019 7:42 AM

garyk49:
    Go play a tournament, see what the conditions are, set those conditions with a practice round, play as many times as you want.

Practice using the unlimited weekly tournaments is better, IMO. You don't see the typical game influences in practice mode that you see in a ranked round. Just hit to shots you want to see and take advantage of the 10 shots you get for each hole.

There's no mulligans this way but since a mulligan costs you 2 strokes anyway, hitting back to where you were and retaking a shot is the same thing.  :-)

RSS