Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Next level for the game.

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 9 2019 1:44 AM (7 replies)
  • Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2019 12:50 AM

It seems like there needs to be something new added to the game to bring it back to being realistic. The scores are getting silly and no new course will make it tough. I no there is un even but thats just a head f***.

An idea i thought would be good would be to have a weather condition of rain added to the game. A little bit of programming would be needed but a rain affect cant be to hard to add?

This setting would mean everything goes down abit. You lose some of your meter speed due to the slipperiness. Ball doesn't travel as far due to not as much bounce etc etc. Could even go as far as having damp/wet lie as well which would require more club. 

This would be a good feature to have, would help get some of the scores back up and would also make a big difference to the game every now and then.  

• mikegooner0
    13,851 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2019 2:41 AM

nice idea...also the ability to draw and fade the ball....but in the end it would just lead to the determined elite to master it all and we whould also have more videos and charts to study....no problem with that either....but i understand the thought..

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2019 5:54 AM

Williams01210021:

It seems like there needs to be something new added to the game to bring it back to being realistic. The scores are getting silly and no new course will make it tough. I no there is un even but thats just a head f***.

An idea i thought would be good would be to have a weather condition of rain added to the game. A little bit of programming would be needed but a rain affect cant be to hard to add?

This setting would mean everything goes down abit. You lose some of your meter speed due to the slipperiness. Ball doesn't travel as far due to not as much bounce etc etc. Could even go as far as having damp/wet lie as well which would require more club. 

This would be a good feature to have, would help get some of the scores back up and would also make a big difference to the game every now and then.  

Yes it would be nice to add weather elements. I would like to see the trees and the waves move with the speed of the wind, and of course can’t leave out rain. These will be great additions during single play, it won’t be as boring. I raised this suggestion before, but they said it’s not possible, still feeling hopeful.

• sacnasty
    2 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2019 5:58 AM

the game here lately is so unpredictable its crazy. its not consostent with wind conditions or lies or anything. I can factor in for wind on one hole and watch the ball move in the air the next hole can have the same wind speed in the same direction and i can account the same way i did before and the ball goes crazy out of whack. Plus ive hit so many birdies lately where the ball jumps out of the hole and doesnt give me the birdie. Its ridiculously inconsistent with everything here lately. Whats up? Ive even been on the green 9 ft from the hole with a slight slant to the left and hit the ball on my meter to make up for the slant and it goes exactly where i put my meter and miss from 9ft . Then i get 2ft from that hole and hit it and it breaks left from 2ft...duh.Didnt break from 9 ft but did from 2ft....thats stupid...its like the game knows when your doing good and puts a stop to it....somethings changed on it it didnt used to be this way...it maybe doing this so ill purchase expensive clubs. Im not buying that crap...love this game but i think it needs a reboot.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2019 2:13 PM

sacnasty:
    the game here lately is so unpredictable its crazy. its not consostent with wind conditions or lies or anything.

Why are you using very expensive balls with low-level clubs?  Lower level clubs have much higher variability in results - by design - so the better balls will not really help much.

Not saying you have to buy more expensive clubs - you just need to practice and master what you are playing (clubs and balls) before spending more.  You signed up in 2014 but have not played many ranked rounds or tournaments or match play or A/S so are you getting much play at all.  It takes a lot of practice to get better in the game.

GL.

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2019 3:22 PM

Williams01210021:

Hardly we will see that in this game...

....but what they could program are three moments of the day, and set the parameters of wind (strength and direction) and also the speed of the green...oscillating a bit referring to the NUMBER corresponding to each tier...

....could be 3: Morning - Afternoon - Evening, early: softer wind and slower greens, later: stronger wind and greens a little faster, so for each course, it would take programming time but with the current tools it could be done, and it would bring & get more variants when playing the same courses with the same pins ... etc

But taking into account that this game never had its sights set on realism, it is difficult to see any improvement in the physical and environment

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2019 4:34 PM

SlickHunter:
    Yes it would be nice to add weather elements. I would like to see the trees and the waves move with the speed of the wind, and of course can’t leave out rain. These will be great additions during single play, it won’t be as boring. I raised this suggestion before, but they said it’s not possible, still feeling hopeful.

It's not that it's not possible, the load on the game would be a problem. It's one thing to have a game loaded onto your computer that has these features, they can be accessed immediately as opposed to having to navigate to WGT for them.

Browser golf is a different animal as you download the game every time you play and a big factor in how the meter works is all the other things it has to deal with. The chat in MP games is a good example. It used to be independent of the game and carried over through the holes. One update had WGT changing that to what it is now because they apparently determined that it was causing meter issues. It did make a big difference for many when they changed it. 

I totally like the idea but I also get why we'll never see it.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, May 9 2019 1:44 AM

YankeeJim:

SlickHunter:

It's not that it's not possible, the load on the game would be a problem. It's one thing to have a game loaded onto your computer that has these features, they can be accessed immediately as opposed to having to navigate to WGT for them.

Browser golf is a different animal as you download the game every time you play and a big factor in how the meter works is all the other things it has to deal with. The chat in MP games is a good example. It used to be independent of the game and carried over through the holes. One update had WGT changing that to what it is now because they apparently determined that it was causing meter issues. It did make a big difference for many when they changed it. 

I totally like the idea but I also get why we'll never see it.

I’ve tried a lot of golf games, they all have these weather feature animation. I thought it was that simple, maybe in the future.

RSS