Re: Default Green Speeds for CC Tourneys—we are begging

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 29 2019 1:07 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2019 1:07 PM

HackWilson1930:
    But reality steps in. IRL, whether country club or public course, green speeds are going to be the same on any given day for all of the players on that particular course. Variations will occur given grass growth and moisture conditions, but any group playing together will face the same greens.

I don't disagree, but WGT does in general. in the system currently implemented.  Players start out on slower greens, regardless of which course is played, when they are playing in a tiered tournament or solo.  They are handicapped with mostly lesser equipment until they play enough to reach higher levels.  What this post is asking to allow a standard WGT already uses in general, as an option in CC tournaments.

I am not a very good player and I have no complaints with players that are very good.  I do think they can win plenty of credits in open tournaments without help from WGT and I think it would be in WGT's best business interest to encourage additional CC tournament play by lower tiers.  WGT is not providing the purses and more play by more players at lower tiers will allow them to purchase more balls and better equipment if they want.  

While a handicap system for CC tourneys would be great, it seems unlikely after this long.  At least this option to make CC tourneys more competitive seems rather straightforward and might well improve WGT's balance sheet - even if just slightly.

YMMV!

:-)

• PAGES
RSS