Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Yardage Inconsistencies With Paid For Balls!!

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 26 2019 7:36 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Fortgrange
    2 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 7:55 AM

First post so be gentle (-:

I know game inconsistencies are well discussed on these forums and I’ve had my fair share since I started playing. For the most part I take it on the chin and accept that the game is a bit of fun.

But I recently had 2 episodes with a sleeve of balls within a couple of rounds that left me slightly miffed to say the least. Both at Wolf Creek off the tee. One was on one of the dog legs where anything under 265 yards or over 315 yards could result in trouble, plenty of margin for error I thought, imagine my horror when it carried 375 yards and resulted in a lost ball. 2 rounds later standing on the 18th tee with the same wind 8 to 10mph left to right, more horror ensued when the carry reduced to 240 and dropped the ball right in the middle of the water in front of the green!!

I can practice as much as I like but no amount of practice will ever result in a good outcome with a 55% variation in distance with the same shot under the same conditions.

Call me a cynic but it does seem to be more than just a coincidence.

The result is I try and struggle on with the free balls which just make the game so much harder!!

PS. The 240 carry was dinged and the 375 was just off, which makes it even more confusing.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 11:08 AM

Fortgrange:

I know game inconsistencies are well discussed on these forums and I’ve had my fair share since I started playing. For the most part I take it on the chin and accept that the game is a bit of fun.

But I recently had 2 episodes with a sleeve of balls within a couple of rounds that left me slightly miffed to say the least. Both at Wolf Creek off the tee. One was on one of the dog legs where anything under 265 yards or over 315 yards could result in trouble, plenty of margin for error I thought, imagine my horror when it carried 375 yards and resulted in a lost ball. 2 rounds later standing on the 18th tee with the same wind 8 to 10mph left to right, more horror ensued when the carry reduced to 240 and dropped the ball right in the middle of the water in front of the green!!

I can practice as much as I like but no amount of practice will ever result in a good outcome with a 55% variation in distance with the same shot under the same conditions.

The result is I try and struggle on with the free balls which just make the game so much harder!!

PS. The 240 carry was dinged and the 375 was just off, which makes it even more confusing.

Yes, yardage inconsistencies are happening, and been noticed by few players. Either it’s a temporary glitch, or needs to be reprogrammed. 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 11:23 AM

Fortgrange:

You do realize that most of the tees at Wolf Creek are really elevated..Couple that with the fact that  some of the fairways are well over 100 feet  down hill and with any kind of tail wind that the ball will fly forever. 375 isn't very long at all with those conditions. 

On many of those holes I will hit a choked driver or drop down to a 3 wood.  I have even dropped  down as low as a 3 iron a few times. 

@ Slickhunter

It doesn't look like you have played Wolf Creek at all so you have no clue about its elevation changes. The distances on Wolf Creek have absolutely nothing to do with any so called distance glitch.Its all about severe elevation changes. Play it a couple of times and see what I mean. 

• santa084
    114 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 11:33 AM

Just so you know, on the 9th and 18th hole at Wolf Creek your shot target is showing farther than you need to hit. You need to put your target on the flag to get your true yardage.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 12:28 PM

SlickHunter:
    Yes, yardage inconsistencies are happening, and been noticed by few players. Either it’s a temporary glitch, or needs to be reprogrammed. 

A few players suggesting they're seeing yardage inconsistencies that fall outside of what one would expect does not mean there's a glitch. Others, like myself, have seen no issues. 

I suspect that most significant yardage inconsistencies are due to not understanding the effects of wind and elevation or not noticing that one inadvertently changed clubs just before hitting.

More than once, I went to make a shot and noticed at the last second that I had chosen a different club than I intended. For example, I meant to choose my 64-degree wedge but had actually chosen my 6 iron (the 64 degree displays immediately underneath the 6 iron). 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 12:29 PM

Fortgrange:

send yourself the replay each time to look at the shot another time, and or submit to WGT for an explanation.  they may not explain but there are times when you provide nearly identical shots that illustrate something in the game did not function correctly they have replaced a lost ball.

that said, as noted by others severe down hill tail wind and yes you could see a long drive on a couple different holes.

the 18th plays uphill actually...so you can't assume you get the same carry distance.  also the amount of and use of back spin can also effect the carry distance of your driver.. so it is plausible while hitting uphill your driver carries less in the air than it would have down hill.  If you were worried about it going over 300y then odds are you took some off of the shot meaning you didn't hit it 100% … which would also severely effect the carry distance.  

If you are a mobile player and use sponsor gear that alters your clubs, especially your driver, it also means you will likely end up with two different clubs that will play differently when you play coin games versus when you play in a tournament that does not allow you to put sponsor boosting effects into play.  Some people forget that... thinking they always have sponsor boost because they are always wearing the apparel but the apparel is not always in play... 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 1:07 PM

What I said, it could be a glitch, which is possible in every video game. I’ve experience yardage inconsistencies, which I could careless, it’s just a game. I play many games, and glitches I see very often. It’s good if there’s no glitch, but must consider all angles. 

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 1:14 PM

Robert1893:

I suspect that most significant yardage inconsistencies are due to not understanding the effects of wind and elevation or not noticing that one inadvertently changed clubs just before hitting.

My club was right, my spin too but still got robbed today. Afterwards, i rehit almost the same shot but with 3 yds less of power. Do you care to know the diference on the first bounce?

Just only 22 yds...

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 1:25 PM

Yiannis1970:

Robert1893:

My club was right, my spin too but still got robbed today. Afterwards, i rehit almost the same shot but with 3 yds less of power. Do you care to know the diference on the first bounce?

Just only 22 yds...

Maybe it’s really something to look into, nothing wrong about that.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 1:43 PM

SlickHunter:

Yiannis1970:

Robert1893:

Just only 22 yds...

Maybe it’s really something to look into, nothing wrong about that.

What to look into? Yardage inconsistencies, balls flying all over the place, vem shots etc are so true like sun rises always from the east.

• PAGES
RSS