Help › Forums

Re: How often do you upgrade clubs??

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 30 2019 1:16 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CaptPT57
    9 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 4:50 AM

I finally buying better clubs but wonder how often do most here upgrade their purchased clubs??

From what I've read as your level rises more clubs become available at much higher prices, is it a must to keep upgrading to be competitive or do you just improve your play with the clubs you bought? 

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 5:13 PM

That depends are you a PC player or mobile ? Its all about your tiers and not your levels . As you tier up you will be moving back on the tees . This is why you will need to upgrade your clubs . The levels only make better clubs available to you which you will need . 

As a PC only player I upgraded my clubs due to need about 4 -5 times . Changing out my clubs for more distance and better control as needed . As you tier up you will have to relearn how to hit your shots as well as change how you play ..

If you plan on playing in the tournaments be they cc or the game sponsored monthly`s . You will need to have the better clubs in order to compete . But if you just want to play and have fun then it wont matter what you do . But if you`re a serious player get ready to upgrade .

Once you reach Legend tier its playing from the back tees . You will need the best clubs in order to reach the tees in regulation . Go set up a practice stroke play round . Play from the Champion  tees which are the same for Legend and above . Play 5 holes and then you will understand why the upgrades . 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 7:55 PM

CaptPT57:

I finally buying better clubs but wonder how often do most here upgrade their purchased clubs??

From what I've read as your level rises more clubs become available at much higher prices, is it a must to keep upgrading to be competitive or do you just improve your play with the clubs you bought? 

You have a ways to go (levels and tiers) before it will make a lot of difference.  I would just practice a lot with what you have and learn the courses and how to make shots with your current clubs.  It appears you play mobile and probably just coin games? (No stroke play).  Clubs get very expensive and there are plenty of different ones.

After you practice and decide what things are most important to you (distance, precision, forgiveness, meter speed, etc) then take a look at the Pro Shop Equipment Tables by player ScottHope.

Pick out which clubs you want at future levels and work towards those.  Planning makes it much easier and cheaper.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 7:58 PM

Every time something better is offered at your level. It's a cheap game overall for time spent. That is of course if one's budget allows for that!

• CaptPT57
    9 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 8:48 PM

Ahh, ok.. thank you :)

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 10:36 PM

claremoreblue:
    Every time something better is offered at your level.
    A dream client, taking any offer regardless of signification! But, you were rewarded with an impressive amount of earnings!

Some thoughts of a thrifty "veteran":

- The mass of offers, coming in in short succession at the beginning, is mainly designed for the benefit of the company. Many of these clubs have no good characteristics or overlap with their neighbors. "There's always a better club coming around!"

- Keep in mind that there are two types of expensive offers: Those with slow meters and "early ones", with high specification at low level. It pays to adapt to the faster meter and to be patient.

- the community is very much in agreement that some offers are worth it and some aren't. Look out for recommendations!

- two or three free rental weekends each year provide for an opportunity to test the clubs for free - free level-up rentals add to that.

I for one play on the PC, stroke play, matches, and I bought some clubs once (irons, LW, putter), others twice. Beware that I am a low profile player with little ambition though. Three of four changes may be necessary for play in contention.

@CaptPT57: I can't judge on what is necessary for you as an entirely "mobile" player, and it depends on your goals and ambitions!

(You will rise in tier at certain levels)

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2019 7:43 PM

alosso:

claremoreblue:
    Every time something better is offered at your level.
    A dream client, taking any offer regardless of signification! But, you were rewarded with an impressive amount of earnings!

Some thoughts of a thrifty "veteran":

- The mass of offers, coming in in short succession at the beginning, is mainly designed for the benefit of the company. Many of these clubs have no good characteristics or overlap with their neighbors. "There's always a better club coming around!"

- Keep in mind that there are two types of expensive offers: Those with slow meters and "early ones", with high specification at low level. It pays to adapt to the faster meter and to be patient.

- the community is very much in agreement that some offers are worth it and some aren't. Look out for recommendations!

- two or three free rental weekends each year provide for an opportunity to test the clubs for free - free level-up rentals add to that.

I for one play on the PC, stroke play, matches, and I bought some clubs once (irons, LW, putter), others twice. Beware that I am a low profile player with little ambition though. Three of four changes may be necessary for play in contention.

@CaptPT57: I can't judge on what is necessary for you as an entirely "mobile" player, and it depends on your goals and ambitions!

(You will rise in tier at certain levels)

It's quite clear your a mediocre player. That's fine if your goals and ambitions are fine with that. I myself play very little but continue to win weeklies. I choose to upgrade the few times that something arrives to improve my score's. I play to win! A few bucks to WGT isn't an issue here. It is after all, a great game on PC IMO. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2019 8:57 PM

Of course, if you are above Level 103, this is all a moot point.

Playing well with lesser clubs beats playing well with top-end clubs.  I don't do either.

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2019 10:56 PM

That is of course if one's budget allows for that!

I think that is all that needs to be said.

• CaptPT57
    9 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2019 7:49 AM

I tried/rented different clubs before deciding on what I have so far but have to say I'm playing so much worse with the new ones.. I'm pushing or pulling everything, guess I just have to get used to the new/different meter speeds.. very frustrating  though :(

• PAGES
RSS