Help › Forums

Re: clubs

Fri, May 3 2019 9:59 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2019 5:38 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    Another player being disgusted by this man and his sarcasm... which is nothing new and he isn't the only one doing it years after years as if they own this place. Trolls are trolls but what I can't believe is WGT is actually letting these pelotudos ruin the newcomers' pleasant experience with the game, ruin the atmosphere of the community and eventually the game itself, their business!

Wanna see some sarcasm?

OIC, a hater "opinion" from 8chan(?) - not enough hits recently?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2019 9:21 AM

alosso:

Wanna see some sarcasm?

OIC, a hater "opinion" from 8chan(?) - not enough hits recently?

See? I'm only ONE of the four users here pointing out your problematic behaviour and still you're pinpointing nobody else but me for stating the fact. Now who's being a hater here, huh?

Now that you mentioned about 8chan... Yeah, that's the perfect place for people like you. Your writing style would definitely suit better there. Only that the site seems down now and I feel sorry for ya.

And worrying about hits?! OH PLEASE, don't bring down people to YOUR level.

You have a good one though. Ciao!

• Kittykat2017
    513 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 6:08 AM

Glad there are others on here that feel the way i do about this person.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 11:52 AM

You may have already given up on this thread and suggestions, but I thought I would try to help offer some insight...

It looks like we joined WGT around the same time Spring of 2017.  From that point on, our paths appeared to differ... 

During my research (I scoured the forums for tips and insight and watched tutorials on youtube by top players who already demonstrate a solid grasp of the game) and time spent learning the game, I have come across all kinds.  But that point aside...

let's talk golf and progression...

I used starter clubs and coin rental clubs (I started out on mobile platform)… and I really didn't upgrade to better clubs until I approached L50 and beyond.  You carry the same 3wd model I was drawn too and my first driver was L55 and my first set of irons were the L59 Pings that are no longer available.  

By delaying my purchases early on, I started to learn the value of putting and scrambling to save par from missed greens with starter gear.  I obviously couldn't always reach par 4's so I had to learn how to play wedges... and sometimes I would intentionally lay up in the fairway rather than risk a shot out of the 40/50 rough knowing my starter wedges couldn't keep me close for a par save.

here is the thing... even as you progress and upgrade your clubs... this remains true at the Legend tier and beyond... You can get a brutally tough headwind directly in your face and unable to reach a green... so you have to have a great short game....

What I am getting at... is better clubs alone won't help you... if you are not looking at the areas of your game that are preventing you from shooting par scores right now.  

Now my approach was in part due to frugality... I didn't want to spend a lot of money... so I tried to save up credits watching 2 credit videos on mobile to eventually buy clubs.  The person you have referenced as being so critical was also one of the very first to offer me insight into my own research into clubs...  I didn't take it the wrong way... 

He also affirmed my efforts to offer insight and possible cost savings to others by posting the coin club rental club specs not long ago... as another way to help players potentially save credits until they reached the higher levels to obtain better clubs...  no criticism noted there either.

So while some may view him as "trolling" I believe he genuinely likes to learn and help others, even though his posts may be perceived differently at times or blunt... there are a lot of "personalities on here" so some may come across wrong at times even though there was never any malintent.

You do have very solid clubs for your tour pro tee boxes... so encouraging you to think about what may be holding you back shouldn't be viewed as critical but rather trying to help you see something you may be missing.... and it appears and I say this gently... something else is holding you back... not your clubs.

Review your current stats, find a mentor in your club, reach out to more skilled players and ask questions... there is a wealth of information in the forums and on youtube to give developing players help... but it can be hard to know exactly what you need help with... the reason I share this is because I would hate to see you splurge on better clubs spending upwards of 15-20,000 credits only to become discouraged after doing so...

You are in a very strong CC and have lots of friends -- there has to be some players there who can take you under their wing and help out a bit more...

I hope this helps and isn't taken offensively it is genuinely meant with intention of helping look closer at other areas of the game.

• Kittykat2017
    513 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 1:50 PM

thank all of you who responded but as i stated,I will never post in this forum again. People are just mean. Not everyone in here are mean but there is a good amount of them. 1st thing they do when they get up is take a nasty pill.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2019 9:28 AM

If taking the time to genuinely offer help and insight into how you can/could improve without spending credits, is mean, then you are free to call it such, but I assure you it was absolutely not intended that way...  

Those in the WGT community can only attempt to offer assistance, no one else can control the tone or inflection of how you read or interpret those attempts.  

imho, it would be mean for people/members to lead you to believe that by spending hundreds of dollars worth of credits would automatically make you a better player, when you already have invested in reasonably good equipment.  whereas it cost you nothing to follow up on tips or suggestions to help see whether making future investments are worthwhile. 

There are many ways to play and enjoy WGT golf without buying into the notion you have to play 1000 credit balls and the most expensive clubs.  This game can get expensive enough for just a virtual golf game... I mean, I wouldn't even spend $10 for a sleeve of golf balls in real life, why would I encourage a casual player to do the same.  Let alone buy hundreds of dollars worth of gear.  

And, I am sorry you feel people are mean for trying to give you some insight or suggestions on how to save money/credits, but I personally would appreciate that when it was done for me.  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2019 10:39 AM

I don't think alosso was being sarcastic, he does come across to me as brusque but that's not really a bad thing nor is it surprising for someone not writing in their first language.

This was the op and his answer:

Kittykat2017:

I would like to know what clubs i would need when i get to level 90 or 91 . I want to wait til then as there are better clubs at those levels.If you could leave some idea"s on my wall it would be nice.  TYVM

Funny question.

You are L87, probably around 360,000 XPs.

L91 is @565,000 XPs, more than 50% ahead of your XPs. After your current two years @WGT, it might take you another year - or more - to arrive there.

Are you sure you want advice for Easter or Summer of 2020? I'm afraid to say that I won't give it to you.

As far as I can see that's absolutely true, later "more reasonable and polite" people talk about L94 clubs, well that's 924,258xp so probably over 3 years away.  The xp no. came from the helpful chart DoctorLarry posted a link to, one of many helpful charts alosso has been a big part of. Maybe also have a look at his wall.

You need no clubs THEN to advance in the game NOW. A better putter and better - albeit costly - balls might help you to advance in average and tier, if this is your goal. Additionally, you might need to work on your game management. This, apparently, keeps you at your high average.

To stay a TP, change nothing!

For better counsel, please reveal your intentions and goals...

Was this sarcastic? I'd say only if the writer thought he was much more expert at the game than the person he was responing to, I've never seen him suggest that in any thread.

In my opinion the simple answer to the question being asked is, it's not a question to be asked now as these levels are distant and we don't know what clubs will be available then.  Maybe forget about it for now and ask a month or two before.  I didn't answer at the time as I thought alosso had already said pretty much that.

and I didn't attempt to reply in German.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2019 3:00 PM

@DodgyPutter

+1

I also think alosso's response was fine. I didn't see anything "mean" about it at all. Anyone seeing anything "mean" in his post is definitely reading something into it that's not there. 

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2019 3:45 PM

Ms. Kittykat i think all the responses have gotten off topic of your simple questin. So here goes this is just my opinion,try the apex irons lvl 84 i play the rogues which the apex replaced,and i love them. High trajectory,plenty of distance and slow meter. Also might try a better ball like lvl thirty something callaway. Good luck hope this helps.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2019 9:59 AM

BOZskills:
    Ms. Kittykat i think all the responses have gotten off topic of your simple questin.

Then, with respect, you didn't read the replies very closely. In this thread, there is plenty of good advice that's directly on point. 

The player's most pressing need is a better set of wedges (IMO). If credits are no problem, then yes, the player should get both the wedges and the Apex (Level 85) irons. But if credits are an issue, I would put better wedges as a higher priority than a new set of irons. 

And yes, playing a bit better ball (like the Callaway Chrome Soft Level 33) is a good idea. 

• PAGES
RSS