Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tired of this

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 19 2019 4:08 AM (4 replies)
  • buttweed
    60 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2019 5:22 PM

Really tired of hitting a shot straight at the flag with a direct wind in my face on the ding and winding up 15 feet left or right. The other night I hit a shot with a 12 mph wind blowing from the right on the ding, and ended up further right . Let us play or re calibrate this mess.Legend so I have played a game or two......happens a lot in clashes as well.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2019 7:59 PM
    Your scores on the regular courses are not the least impressive to have played a game or two lol. Your irons to say the least are junk in today's game also! Get something with a little more precision and they may go a little straighter.
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2019 1:39 AM

I would have to disagree with claremoreblue's theory............as I have also looked at the OP's score history, stats and his equipment. All I can say is ...impressive. 

I have full admiration for players who deliberately miss so many fairways and greens and try to leave long putts so they can continuously improve.

To me it appears as the OP has indeed mastered this game by analyzing and understanding every nuance of the game.....even with lower level equipment.

My advice to the OP would be to write a strongly  worded complaint to customer service.

Good luck.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2019 3:34 AM

The precision on these irons is terrible and that is the main cause of your frustration.

I'm guessing you chose these to for the meter speed and forgiveness and if that's what you feel you need most then fair enough but you'll need to put up with what you describe above happening sometimes.

I'ts hard for anyone to suggest what to do, as you'll know your game best, but focusing on forgiveness and meter speed doesn't seem sensible to me.  If slowing the meter down lets you hit the ding more then you don't really need the high forgiveness rating so why not meter speed and precision or try to get used to a faster meter, and keep the insurance of high forgiveness, but again add a higher precision.

I do understand not everyone wants to spend lots of (money) credits on equipment but I think the L97 Callaway Rogues would be ideal for you (would give most of what you now have and lots more precision.  There are cheaper opions if you are willing to compromise. 

• buttweed
    60 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2019 4:08 AM

Thank you I will do so.

RSS