Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Locking Threads

Mon, Oct 26 2009 1:18 PM (2 replies)
  • gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2009 12:57 PM

Okay, so maybe this isn't a "suggestion" per say, but I searched it (finally!) and found nothing on it, so I might as well say it. When you begin a thread or even reply to it, there is a toolbar with multiple buttons that say "Compose", "Options", "Related", and "Preview". Under "Options", there is only one button to click, and if you do so, it will lock the thread and not allow any new replies. This, my friends, is the answer to all of our off-topic and troll-feeding threads that our WGT-sponsored "forum moderators" are unable to do successfully. Please remember that only the thread-starter can lock the thread as an end-all; repliers can lock replies to that particular post but not the entire thread. So it's not the 100% best way to deal with our forum problems, but it's a great step forward.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2009 1:03 PM

Please lock this thread.

:)

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2009 1:18 PM

Well, I tried locking the infamous old WGT Belt thread, and it worked. I also tried it on an old Hack & Amateur Tourney created by casique1 for WGTpoT ... needless to say, it is now locked and no replies can be made to it - sorry cas!

RSS