Forums

Help › Forums

Re: getting close to pin

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 12 2019 2:28 PM (2 replies)
  • club578
    559 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2019 12:54 PM

i have a laptop and a mouse would like to know how to get it close with crosswinds 

• lonniescott711
    4,181 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2019 1:36 PM

club578:

i have a laptop and a mouse would like to know how to get it close with crosswinds 

It starts with good course management god driving off the tee . Then comes the approach shots and knowing how to attack the pin . Knowing where to put the ball makes for easier putting and birdie putts . 

So work on your pitch punch and flop shots . Once you learn how to use your wedges with these 3 shot types , it will be easier scoring . As a misding player I play cross winds by clicking either early or late depending on the wind . L-R winds you click early and R-L winds you click late .

Even when moving the marker depending on winds its the same way . Only I will move my marker towards the winds direction . L-R winds move marker towards the left and if needed click early . R-L winds move the marker to the right as needed and click late .

Its a technique that you will have to practice in order to get good at it . But it works for me .and its easy to learn to do .

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2019 2:28 PM

club578:

There are several threads here and some good youtube videos by some players on accounting for wind.  You can search youtube for "WGT" and "wind" and probably find some.

I use a method described well by Young46 in his videos.  He has some other good ones as well.  Just search "WGT" and you will find a lot of videos.

RSS