skip nav

Forums

Re: Fairway Bunkers

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 9 2019 11:17 AM by Kenher01. 11 replies.
  • DoctorLarry United States
    1,560 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2019 10:59 AM

middbrew:
    Personally, I like the challenge of a realistic course, that includes those fairway bunkers. If we take those out what's next, no more back tees? Only slower greens?

Exactly.  If this changes to an arcade game that gives out participation trophies, people will quit in droves - me included.

Digg
    Delicious
  • Kenher01 Ireland
    782 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2019 11:17 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

That's how it is in RL golf as well, isn't it? It depends on the conditions of lie you end up with, but usually it is very very hard to clean-contact the ball and stick it to the pin in that situation... even for professionals.

I have to agree & I know I'm stating the obvious & to quote Meghan Trainor "It's all about the lie"

Sometimes we just have to take our medicine & just get it out & other times on certain courses with certain lies (Bethpage Black) you can not only hit the ball quite far out of a Fairway Bunker but you can also carry the ball to the green & there's a Fairway Bunker on a course that if you take the tiger line to shorten your distance in for your approach to a Par 5 but hit late you'll be in that said same bunker BUT because of the lie & even though that bunker has a high lip that if you're in the middle of that bunker you can get on that green from 250+/- yd's out with a Punch 3 Wood

Ken

Digg
    Delicious
RSS