Forums

Help › Forums

Re: End of game score announcement

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 7 2019 2:21 PM (6 replies)
  • mega1byte
    750 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 3:51 PM

Just a thought, as I play mobile sometimes on Sundays ( wife has PC, lol) when you get to the last hole in a match it announces either you are up by XXX many strokes (in Green) or you are down XXX many strokes (in Red).

Really don't think that notification is necessary, as both parties can see the scoreboard, plus it does eat up several seconds in making the useless announcement.

Just a thought.

Thanks

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 8:52 PM

Hi

mega1byte:

Really don't think that notification is necessary, as both parties can see the scoreboard, plus it does eat up several seconds in making the useless announcement.

Oh no! That one makes me laugh like . . . .   like ...  umm ..   whatever.
    I hadn't seen it for a while then, all of a sudden it popped back up with a vengeance a couple of weeks ago.

3 strokes ahead on the 8th, it popped up. Okay, so my maths are poor but that had me scratching my head. Clicked it away and then, directly after my shot, yup! up it pops again. In total, over the final two holes, with me leading by 3 strokes it popped up FOUR times. 

At least it knew I had a connection, that's a small bonus I suppose.

Cheeers!

Rich

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 10:25 PM

Okay, I no longer wonder why I see so many posts in the forums complaining about opponents bailing out near the end of games and quitting. Especially mobile users.

WGT actually provokes them to, lmao. Why intentionally throw something like that out there and even put the thought in their head?

Crazy.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 11:32 PM

Exactly!

Luckily, I'm mentally tough and not easily intimidated or I might have just quit on the spot.
    I was also looking forward to seeing what my opponent  was going to pull out of the hat to make it so difficult for me...

Cheers!

Rich

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Sun, Apr 7 2019 12:45 PM

He could have eagled the 9th and then brought out some sort of a distraction to throw off your game, maybe strippers waiting for ya on the 9th green. You were playing Kiawah so the angles and rear views would be lousy, just enough to throw off your end game.  :-)

• BOZskills
    388 Posts
    Sun, Apr 7 2019 2:21 PM

That was one of WGTs' fabulous updates,about two or three months ago! Brutally stupid!!!! Lol.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sun, Apr 7 2019 4:06 PM

enlightened

Good point!  

Throw in a beer cart and I'd have been stumbling around blindly, in Med/Heavy brush, searching for a decent angle. No way back from that!

Phew, could have been close .. . 

Cheers!

Rich

RSS