Forums

Help › Forums

Re: *** Downtime tonight 3/27/19 ***

Tue, Apr 2 2019 5:46 PM (28 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 4:20 PM

Hope there are no more clubs coming with any extra distance.

Red tee players will be reaching most par 4 greens in one.

Best holes are those you feel good to get birds on, some of these holes at Wolf the top folk are out of it if miss a bird or eagle on the fives.

So calm on distances with clubs and balls please. 

• GoShooterMcGavin
    35 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 4:30 PM

Amazing that you write this without a hint of irony.  

XOXO

Shooter

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 8:56 PM

I agree, but I wonder if WGT/TopGolf can resist the temptation of new $uper distance clubs & balls.

……………………………………….………………..

Clubs with slower swing meter speed is where WGT can always get business from me.

I currently have all the slowest swing meter clubs WGT has to offer and if they came out with new clubs with the same stats as my clubs, but with an even slower meter, I would buy them.

• kdownunder
    1,462 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 11:11 PM

As a "rusted on" player .... I would just like some new 18 hole courses to play - how about turning all those blitz courses into 18 holes stroke play courses ... that would be awesome!!!   Living in hope WGT ... look after us too please:)

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2019 7:41 AM

DodgyPutter:
    Maybe but lower down the chain should probably buy now as so far it doesn't seem to me to have been about new equipment, just hiking prices. Appolgies if I've got this wrong.

Yes, unfortunately I think you've taken into account the flash sale 25% discount.

From memory the replacements are pretty similar prices to what they are replacing.

I'm personally well pleased because I scrimped and saved to get the L85 Cally's in the sale, which means I've saved nearly 900 credits - the replacement Apex 19s are exactly the same spec. So, I would only be disappointed if I wanted a virtual club that was in the current IRL range and was the 'latest thing'.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2019 9:31 AM

On the plus side, that annoying little flash pop-up thingy seems to have disappeared...

• civman
    706 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2019 6:40 PM

WGT what have you done?

This recent update has affected the game in a very negative way.  Club yardages are way off, by as much as 4-5 yards, short or long.  The winds are much stronger than they ever were.  A typical 13-15 mph cross wind behaves like a 20-22 mph wind. The putting is still speed consistent, but sometimes the putter tries to correct the shot, more often than not.  I understand the need to keep making the game tougher, but these latest "updates" are creating a situation where the game is no longer fun to play. How about correcting some of these issues before player mass exoduses begin? Keep the players happy, and they keep playing, don't and......

Civman

Tour Champion

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 5:43 PM

I have not noticed any changes in yardages or wind effects lately.

Your scores look good for a TC and still knocking in those eagles!

The only thing that causes any significant changes for my play is switching equipment - especially balls with quite different spin.  Of course, my play is not that consistent or good now anyway!

Maybe you just need some time off.  I know some folks that have done that and come back refreshed and play better.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 5:46 PM

@civman

I agree with Larry. I haven't seen any changes. 

Robert

Not a Tour Champion, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. :-) 

RSS