Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Mobile Match Play

Sun, Mar 31 2019 6:24 AM (6 replies)
  • Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2019 1:19 AM

any idea when wgt will improve the match play functions on mobile? At the moment they are terrible. Cant choose the course you play, cant play anything other than a friendly stroke play match, 45 seconds only t play your shot.....

Not expecting to see all the features from pc but a few of the basic ones would be nice. Shot clock variations and a proper match play or stroke play game (no putt preview or gimme) and to choose your own course to play all that is needed to make people want to play on that platform instead of having to log onto pc.

• HalHoff
    788 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2019 5:28 AM

Excellent request. Take the Putt Preview function away from this also. That function should only be available in practice mode, not when you are playing another person.

We set up BestBall matches in our club with winners on every course Front 9 and Back. Trying to get scores on all the courses when they only come up randomly is very difficult. It would be great if mobile could actually pick the course to play like PC can.

• TheSpark4
    42 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2019 12:27 AM

+1, big time. 

I find it utterly perplexing how matchplay options are still so limited, almost archaic on mobile. Even more so when you consider the depth of options (alt shot, skins, 4-ball etc etc) on PC. I get it that these things take time to implement and code etc, but it’s frankly bizarre imo that it never seems high on the priority list 😳.....

Then throw in the fact many say mobile gets all the new stuff here, and consider how much time and energy is/was put into all the apparel nonsense (which many never use and/or consider largely irrelevant) anyway....

Better matchplay options would surely increase traffic and, ergo, ball use amongst the growing mobile community. Doesn’t even need to be cross-platform at first, just let us play proper matchplay amongst ourselves for a start. Matchplay is an integral part of the game of golf! 

At the very least start with some of the suggestions above; allow us to choose a course and turn the ridiculous putter preview/gimme stuff off so we can at least trust we’re getting a fair game. Such aids have no place in a game for any ‘serious’ player/gamer aside from those learning the game in their first few weeks. 

(cue the inevitable biannual ‘it’s something we’re looking at’ from a mod no doubt) 😒

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2019 12:38 PM

TheSpark4:
    At the very least start with some of the suggestions above; allow us to choose a course and turn the ridiculous putter preview/gimme stuff off so we can at least trust we’re getting a fair game. Such aids have no place in a game for any ‘serious’ player/gamer aside from those learning the game in their first few weeks. 

I don't play mobile much, but was surprised to find those were automatic in mobile match play.  I have played one match on PC in practice mode just for grins, although neither player used it.  It seems to me that should be an option - probably only useful if one player is trying to coach the other.

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2019 5:21 PM

Am i missing something? I'm a mobile player and my putt preveiw only works when i play a practice round alone,or when playing a freind! As far asall the suggested improvements +100. And i know this has been mentioned before but how about knowing green speed BEFORE landing on first green,or one holers! Instead of these constant useless updates.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2019 7:08 AM

BOZskills:
    And i know this has been mentioned before but how about knowing green speed BEFORE landing on first green,

If you approach the green second there is a way to see it.

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2019 6:24 AM

Mythanatos:

BOZskills:
    And i know this has been mentioned before but how about knowing green speed BEFORE landing on first green,

If you approach the green second there is a way to see it.

Right, as long as you out drive your opponent. Otherwise, it's a blind shot onto a green that is anywhere between a 12 and 7 stimp. 

RSS