Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Newb to the organized tournaments! HELP!!! :)

Sat, Oct 24 2009 8:49 AM (3 replies)
  • Jszilli
    3 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 8:35 PM

Been playing since April 2009, but just starting to play a little more..,

Interested in playing in some of these 'non-WGT' tournaments/leagues (If Im understanding this all correctly).

In reading through the posts, I dont understand how you technically 'sign up'.  I actually posted my name/rating on the Halloween Match Play event, but really dont know what I'm doing. Reading that particular tournament thread makes me worry quite honestly.

Also thinking....maybe I missed the boat on the ones that are posted???

Anyway...any and all help greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks!

• STUDIOSHD
    180 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 9:37 PM

Ok, this is your first mistake. Don't post a help topic in the community organized thread, this is only for tourneys and tourneys only. If you need help then my advice is to post it in the Community Help Forum to get help.

With the tourneys I cannot answer that question. My honest advice is to contact WGTALEX by wall post or adding her to your friends lists to send help messages to. 

• Jszilli
    3 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 9:53 PM

Thanks for the help.

I have no idea how to delete a post, so if anyone can delete this...or tell me how to, please do.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2009 8:49 AM

Ah, you're come to the right place!

Most community run tourneys only need you to tell them your name and average, and maybe tier. Hopefully, if it's a well-run tourney, the runner will keep you 'in the loop', and tell you about recent events, what you have to do and who to play. Just make sure that when you do see a tourney, and you want to sign up, that you still can.

(I'm warning you now, shameless plug coming up) I just happen to run a link with every community run tourney, called 'The Community Tourney List' in this section of the forums. Have a quick look at it, might be helpful.

Good luck entering a tourney, I hope you have fun and enter one that works out!

P.S. If you want some more info, just PM me and I'll try.

RSS