Help › Forums

Re: MONACO ROOM

Fri, May 31 2019 11:26 AM (77 replies)
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Mar 25 2019 9:43 AM

jason01291:

when u say ALL-IN it is supposed to be ALL-IN 

but in Monaco u say ALL-IN but  you win/loose double amount of the least n.of coins of both players playing

which is not ALL-IN 

Either you win all or loose all regardless of coin count

I think bringing that in Monaco room would be made more interesting 

Dont play any poker at all do you. All in is always the bet of whomever has the least.  

• davidschroff
    15 Posts
    Mon, Mar 25 2019 10:38 AM

Jason - I am sorry but I disagree. If Player A has 50M and Player B has 20M in Monaco, why would Player A lose all of their coins in a loss if they have Player B covered? Where would the other 30M coins go? In a poker game, the lesser amount of the two stacks is what you're playing for.

But that isn't even central to the point of this thread - having Monaco in play makes a Turf War kind of a joke. If it's all going to come down to one match in Monaco rather than a team playing hundreds in Bellagio, Manhattan, Tokyo, etc., then why even bother? I enjoy this game a lot and playing a goof Turf War is a blast but I would like a level playing field and Monaco prevents that.    

• Will0442
    91 Posts
    Mon, Mar 25 2019 11:45 AM

Monaco did effect us recently as we played hard for 23 hours built up a 400,000,000 lead and in the last 42 mins a gentleman from the opposing team won 962 million in monaco. While i know its fair and allowed, it makes me question the process when we were beating them head to head in 75% of our Bellagio matches. They are a strong club and i respect most of them, but passes used to gain a lead versus one pass used with 42 mins left hurts the pocketbook and the morale of the war played. 

Mb limiting the amount of coins earned to ten million would be a consideration as it would require 9 holes be played and double up Bellagio. Between the balls, passes, and credits used by us this weekend wgt got rich off of us and im sure has others. It was fun but wgt could assist in the fairness aspect. 

Thanks for the fun game. I do love it and the fun we r having :) 

• jason01291
    411 Posts
    Mon, Mar 25 2019 11:40 PM

My point is all that 

Can't stop people going into Monaco but can restrict the frequency of people going into Monaco

If you are all in 

Then there would fear of loosing all coins..

As of now if you loose only double of least coins... there isn't much risk

Either you match a opponent with less coins and if u loose you don't loose much coins

And it can also stop coin dumps

I won't name any player 

But if a player has 17 billion he doesn't care about loosing

He plays till 9th hole and coin dump at last hole 

Maximum he would loose a billion but still will have16 billion 

Same applies to player with good amount of coins 

So...what if he looses match he looses all

ALL-IN OR NOTHING if way...then u can stop coin dumps and yeah people going into Monaco turf wars will be less

Coz we all know which are the usual players do this 

• Alain760
    350 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2019 12:13 AM

I agree with Will0442 and also Jason but not 100%, i am not against Monaco room and the thrill that it brings, yes it must be a all in room where you lose all or nothing, but i disagree the use of this room in Turf War cause as Will said your all team can battle during 23hours and lose against one player who played one pass in 24 hours in the Monaco room.

It is really not fair, perhaps in normal game the Monaco room must be reviewed but this room must be OUT of Turf war.

• msb1977
    12 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2019 10:34 AM

I agree. The use of Monaco during TWs is making me reconsider my participation. IMO, the solution is simple...remove the ability to use a CC pass in Monaco or as Will0442 said, limit it to 10 mil if using a pass. I am fine with either.

It takes away from the competition when a single player can completely swing a match with one pass when others are playing 30+ passes in a TW. 

I really enjoy the one on one competitions TWs provide and have met some great people outside of my club because of it, but I will not continue to waste my time/money if Monaco isn't removed/limited during TWs. 

For clarification, I don't want Monaco removed from the game...just TWs. I know people really enjoy the thrill and don't want to take that away from them. This game should be fun for all of us. :)

• AlaskanDame
    18,875 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2019 11:37 AM

WGTChampion:

We want Turf Wars to be fun and competitive. That's pretty hard to do if one player puts up 500+ million coins in a single game. 

We're paying attention and working on ways to resolve. 

_CHAMPION 

Very glad to hear this, Champ.  Sooner is better than later, of course.  Thanks.

AKD

• HalHoff
    789 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2019 11:52 AM

All the top Turf Clubs formed a committee and made this exact request several times last September. It is already later...

• Will0442
    91 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2019 12:09 PM

Several top clubs have agreed no monaco at the beginning in the past and recently and abided by it. A few have not agreed to the no monaco which will make us sit on the sidelines now for 24 hours  just not worth it to us

Thanks wgt champion. We were once in the top 10 in rankings. If this is resolved we will be again very soon and im sure i can think of one club who would say the same right now

have a great afternoon 

Willow

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2019 12:13 PM

Momaco is needed by some small clubs to compete with the bigger clubs who play Bellagio. The best would really be Net vs Gross. Yes adding a 10m, 25m, or 50m room would also be nice but not taking Monaco when some clubs have more players in higher coin games doesn’t necessarily make it even. The best option really is adding wins and subtracting loses. Then will introduce quality of play versus just quantity. 

RSS