Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Update Chrome, now screen "flashes"

Fri, Apr 12 2019 2:40 PM (35 replies)
  • Frits
    584 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2019 1:06 AM

Had the same problems (flickering or stuttering meter). Now the latest version of Chrome (73.0.3683.86 64bit Dutch)  and problems have gone! Normal view again :-)

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2019 2:59 AM

GOLFHAWK:

Chrome Canary was the answer for me ( : after trying many other suggestions over the last few days ) : with no success 

Not only did the blinking stop but the meter is super smooth  ( :

I recommend it for anyone with windows 10 

Google warns that on some systems that Chrome Canary can be very unstable, That's what it was on mine. I haven't seen a meter that bad since I tried Vivaldi a few years ago, I only tried it because I test browsers that others brag about, For me my older versions of Comodo Dragon and Slim Jet work great. 

• quecha
    263 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2019 4:53 AM

Exact Fritz .... I used Canary since the bug, but with the new version of Chrome (73.0.3683.86 64bits)  as you say, the problem of flicker has disappeared ... Thank you for the information

• lonniescott711
    4,181 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2019 7:09 AM

Woodoworkery:

I went to Chromium browser. I have had no problem at all.

Yep what he said . Im using Chrome and no problems . But it goes that way anyhow . Some of us will have problems and some wont . But Maxthon Cloud 4.91000 is my back up browser for just in case situations .

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2019 1:48 PM

borntobesting:

GOLFHAWK:

Chrome Canary was the answer for me ( : after trying many other suggestions over the last few days ) : with no success 

Not only did the blinking stop but the meter is super smooth  ( :

I recommend it for anyone with windows 10 

Google warns that on some systems that Chrome Canary can be very unstable, That's what it was on mine. I haven't seen a meter that bad since I tried Vivaldi a few years ago, I only tried it because I test browsers that others brag about, For me my older versions of Comodo Dragon and Slim Jet work great. 

It said that for me too but so far it is the best browser ( Chrome Canary) I've used on my laptop at home in recent memory.  <fingers crossed>  LOL  

My work pc, Google chrome works pretty flawlessly, even with the recent updates to Chrome.  No flickering at all.  Could be desktop computer at work (Windows 7) vs Laptop (Windows 10)

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2019 2:40 PM

hpurey:
    My work pc, Google chrome works pretty flawlessly, even with the recent updates to Chrome.  No flickering at all.  Could be desktop computer at work (Windows 7) vs Laptop (Windows 10)

LOL - I'll take WIN 7 over 10 anyday.  Just wish I could have gotten it with my last laptop purchase.  I tried to disable as much of the "10" crap as possible to make it livable.

RSS