Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Remember it is all "Virtual"

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 14 2019 5:01 AM (3 replies)
  • hardhooker1
    1 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2019 6:33 PM

I love the game. But you need to offer more "Special buys" to people who play every day. You want me to add $2, $20, $50....I sure will. But if I miss an email that gives me a free sleeve or a bonus....I lose out/ There is no chance I would buy credits w/o a significant "VIRTUAL" add on.

Love the game. Love the people. But I'll just play with the free balls with my Legend status. I'll spend the $100 I have for flowers for my wife.

Hit em straight

T

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2019 9:16 AM

hardhooker1:

I love the game. But you need to offer more "Special buys" to people who play every day. You want me to add $2, $20, $50....I sure will. But if I miss an email that gives me a free sleeve or a bonus....I lose out/ There is no chance I would buy credits w/o a significant "VIRTUAL" add on.

Love the game. Love the people. But I'll just play with the free balls with my Legend status. I'll spend the $100 I have for flowers for my wife.

Hit em straight

T

I dunno?  Seems like everytime there is a special offer, if comes up when I log in.   Of course, the CDP is one way we get a minor reward (added XP) for playing every day.

BTW - some of the everyday offers for "free" credits include buying flowers and/or candy, so they might be worth a look.  I have not tried them.

Anyway, it is just a game and we do get to choose how we spend on it (or not)!

Have fun and hope most of them go straight!  (my hope, anyway!)

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2019 9:29 AM

hardhooker1:

Hit em straight

But if you're logging in every day, you should see the news announcements, regardless if you play mobile or PC. On the mobile, there's a splash screen with the info; on the PC, there's the list of news items.

I'm only guessing that you're logging on every day since that's the way you framed your post (i.e. " need to offer more "Special buys" to people who play every day"). 

By the way, you know you can get a free ball each month by simply entering one of the monthly tournaments, yes? You just have to figure out which tourney it is. Regardless, entry is free.  

Personally, I think WGT does a great job of balancing the need to make revenue and rewarding players. Additionally, since you appear to be in the US, you can earn free credits very easily by watching videos on any mobile device.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 5:01 AM

Hardhooker1: You have been on WGT for well over 3 years. You currently have an Olympic ball that first came out as "free". You have reached level 91. You have purchased several clubs. You have "won" 4500 credits. You know how the system works and you live in the US.

What prevents you from acquiring "free" credits as many of us do. Personally, using a smart phone each morning,I pick up about 50 credits while using the loo.  Thus every time WGT runs ( or doesn't run) some kind of credit purchase special, I don't feel cheated. I never feel a need to purchase anything. (Well, maybe the flowers for my wife.)

If you need help in getting the "free" credits, just ask. Many of us will respond.

RSS