Re: unable to play/access game screen

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 18 2019 5:23 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 1:04 AM

Woodoworkery:

Yesterday I did a Windows update and a Google Chrome update, when I went to play the game my screen would flicker,  I was about to give up when I went to Google help and found others having the same problem.

The solution was, In Google go to settings, then advance, then system and uncheck  Use hardware acceleration when available.

Tried that and worked.  Thx for that info :)

• steppinwithe
    2 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 1:56 AM

WOW, mantis....it did work for me. Thx for ur post....

• GOLFHAWK
    915 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 4:19 AM

I'll give it a try ,but it only blinks in game mode so I thought it was game related ?Going on for two days now

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 3:19 PM

mantis0014:

Woodoworkery:

Yesterday I did a Windows update and a Google Chrome update, when I went to play the game my screen would flicker,  I was about to give up when I went to Google help and found others having the same problem.

The solution was, In Google go to settings, then advance, then system and uncheck  Use hardware acceleration when available.

Tried that and worked.  Thx for that info :)

I checked this today since I use Chrome.  I did not let Chrome perform the latest update and I have no problems but I did see the issue listed in Chrome Help and they suggested the same advice as listed by Woodoworkery.  

For now, I think I will hold off on updating Chrome and see if they fix this issue without introducing a worse one!!

• GOLFHAWK
    915 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2019 5:23 AM

I tried everything with no success finally downloaded Chrome Canary which fixed the blinking and also left me with the smoothest meter I've ever had ( :

It is just a simpler version of chrome.

• PAGES
RSS