Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I have been playing for about one month...

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 31 2019 4:32 AM (8 replies)
  • BronxBarrons154
    23 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 7:48 PM

...and two important things I have learned:

1.  Swallow my pride and take the “gimmie.”  If I had the proverbial nickel for each time a Master level player has used the gimmie to win by one stroke... ;)

2.  When it is time to put the game down.  I am speaking of those three or four game losing streaks when I cannot even hit the ball into the water.  Also, and this, I think applies to all App games... it does not matter if you have those $99 Titleist i see for sale... if the game wants you to lose... you are going to lose. :)

It is a fun game... getting more challenging as I continue to level up while playing with broom sticks (standard clubs and balls) but for personal reasons... I am not in a position to spend real dollars on equipment nor have the time to watch a “kazillion” vids or complete surveys.

Will enjoy it for as long as I can reach the fairway from the tee. :))

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2019 8:55 AM

Bronx

Learn how to mapp the clubs you have with the balls you have. Join a good Country Club and take advantage of shot pal and putter pal. Make sure you play the (FREE) events of the week, most top 70 finishes earn credits.

Hold off on purchasing or renting clubs right now. Save your credits for some future wedges or Iron Set. Every year, we have 2 oppurtunities to receive help from our fellow players in WGTLand- Christmas in July and the 12 Days of Christmas in December.

We help up and coming individuals get better equipment, also GOGF does a monthly endowment to help, if you can get some one to nominate you.

Reach out and help someone else, no matter how large or how small, be one of the good guys.

Good Luck

Siders Best

PS: Take off the tin foil hat you're wearing "You'll get as good as you want to be, if you're willing to practice, You don't have to loose, some rounds are just better than others!

• pappy458
    1 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2019 9:54 AM

I have been playing for about 2 months. I have recently purchased golf balls in the pro shop. I have endured surveys and videos in order to be able to buy a sleeve of balls. I spent 143cr on new balls and they show up in my equipment, and when I went to use the new balls the game wanted me to purchase them again. I find it interesting that I worked so hard to not receive the balls that I purchased with my credits

.IF ANYBODY AT WGT IS LISTENING I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE BALLS THAT I PURCHASED AND DID NOT RECEIVE!!!!!!

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2019 10:43 AM

#Bronx...

sounds and looks like you are mobile platform based... that is where I started.   while a "kazillion" is a rather large amount and rather unobtainable, 5,000 credits at 100 credits a day through videos, which can be done while watching your favorite TV program, can be achieved in less than 2 months.  

my strategy was slowly build up credits, while playing the free gear.  Once I earned a few coins that gave me a cushion to play coin games, I also looked at the "coin rental clubs" which allowed me to play a little more competitively without investing credits I was saving for clubs or ball upgrades eventually.

And, yes the game has swings, but so does real golf.  You can't expect to win every time especially while playing starter clubs...  But you should also avoid moving up to higher coin rooms where you will end up playing tougher competition, with sponsor boosted clubs and lose your forward tee advantage.  Check the coin room details before you do so...

It amazes me the number of lower tier players who take a shot at say Tokyo where they lose their forward tee advantage.  But, just like golf anything can happen in a one hole game.  Even good players can get a quick meter or miss ding a shot that is nearly impossible to recover from.  Mobile meter is almost prone to being inconsistent.

Focus on par golf and let others make the mistakes and if you make a few birdies great.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 8:59 AM

pappy458:

I have been playing for about 2 months. I have recently purchased golf balls in the pro shop. I have endured surveys and videos in order to be able to buy a sleeve of balls. I spent 143cr on new balls and they show up in my equipment, and when I went to use the new balls the game wanted me to purchase them again. I find it interesting that I worked so hard to not receive the balls that I purchased with my credits

.IF ANYBODY AT WGT IS LISTENING I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE BALLS THAT I PURCHASED AND DID NOT RECEIVE!!!!!!

The ball seems to be equipped.

I think you're simply misinterpreting the message you're receiving. If I recall correctly, on the last hit of a ball (at least for the last ball of a sleeve as well as the second to last ball), you will get a message asking you if you want to purchase another sleeve.

That doesn't mean you didn't receive the sleeve of balls you purchased. Each ball has a certain lifespan. 

Regardless, if you still think it's in error, then you need to contact customer service directly. 

• BronxBarrons154
    23 Posts
    Sat, Mar 16 2019 12:00 PM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Hello Siders and thank you very much for the reply and the feedback.  Many good points you make.

While I can appreciate the value of joining a club, I do not think I am ready to make such a commitment.  I have though taken advantage of some of the “free” rentals.  I had a Taylor Made driver in my hands the other day and saw parts of holes I never knew existed.  LOL

What I really would love to have is a high-end putter such as the Scotty Cameron.  Unfortunately, the game appears to necessitate upgrading your driver at a minimum, once you reach the level that automatically assigns you to the back tees.

For now, I will keep hacking along and do the best I can.  :)

• BronxBarrons154
    23 Posts
    Sat, Mar 16 2019 12:27 PM

Hello el3n1… your reply and input are greatly appreciated.  Thank you for taking the time.

Yes… I do play the mobile version on my iPad.  I have looked at the computer version and can see there are many differences.  Currently, the mobile version is my preferred choice.  But from what I am experiencing, it does appear the wisest choice is to use the computer.  I cannot say here, the words the mobile version power meter have caused me to say… children may be reading this ;)

Right now, I play “coin” games.  I enter the rooms that offer the 1, 3 or 9 hole matches.  When using a “free” sponsorship, I will play as many 1 hole matches within the 30 minutes, as possible.  I have searched for an answer to the question does the number of holes you play influence the sponsorship awards you receive?  I have been unable to find an answer and from my experiences it appears it does not matter.

So, I will continue playing the “sponsored” 1 hole matches.  I do this in the effort to upgrade my apparel.  I mostly use items which improve my putting and driving.  What I am most pleased with is the fact my clothes now match.  To coin a phrase… “It is better to look good than to “play” good.” LOL

Additionally, I take advantage of the "free" rentals and one time I did spend 50K in coins to rent one of those MK (? sp) sets.  The extra five yards did make a difference. :)

For now... all is good and Christmas will be here before we know it. LOL

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 7:54 AM

BronxBarrons154:

Yes… I do play the mobile version on my iPad.  I have looked at the computer version and can see there are many differences.  Currently, the mobile version is my preferred choice.  But from what I am experiencing, it does appear the wisest choice is to use the computer.  I cannot say here, the words the mobile version power meter have caused me to say… children may be reading this ;)

Right now, I play “coin” games.  I enter the rooms that offer the 1, 3 or 9 hole matches.  When using a “free” sponsorship, I will play as many 1 hole matches within the 30 minutes, as possible.  I have searched for an answer to the question does the number of holes you play influence the sponsorship awards you receive?  I have been unable to find an answer and from my experiences it appears it does not matter.

So, I will continue playing the “sponsored” 1 hole matches.  I do this in the effort to upgrade my apparel.  I mostly use items which improve my putting and driving.  What I am most pleased with is the fact my clothes now match.  To coin a phrase… “It is better to look good than to “play” good.” LOL

Additionally, I take advantage of the "free" rentals and one time I did spend 50K in coins to rent one of those MK (? sp) sets.  The extra five yards did make a difference. :)

For now... all is good and Christmas will be here before we know it. LOL

Hi Bronx,

There is a difference between the mobile and PC versions, especially in regards to the meter. It's just a preference what you like. I definitely like the mobile version better. Once you get some clubs and balls to slow down the meter you will find it much better. 

Also, there are a lot of good country clubs out there. Some are all mobile, all PC, and some are mixed with both. The advantage of having a putter pal and shot pal can help, to me the biggest advantage to belonging to a CC is the knowledge that is passed on from the better players in the club. This will help advance your game more than anything.

As far as the sponsored apparel, it doesn't seem to mater whether you are playing the Paris room or the Bellagio room, the apparel is amount and what you get is the same and just as random.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2019 4:32 AM

As el3n1 has mentioned, free credit videos are an easy way to build a bank account of credits. A smart phone or tablet is your friend.

Currently there is a 6 second (yes I said 6) that I have gotten to view many, many times. I got 15 consecutive views 2 days ago while using the loo. Thirty credits in roughly 2 minutes while doing something that I do every day. 

A 6 second video is unusual, but most of them are less than 30 seconds.The time I spend in that room can prove to be productive to my WGT golf game since I am there every day.

RSS