Forums

Help › Forums

Re: A New Player Here

Mon, Oct 26 2009 6:52 AM (9 replies)
  • wallydawg68
    46 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 9:16 AM

Hey all, I have been playing here for about a week now and just love it. However I need some tips on being a little more accurate when "hitting" the ball. I always seem to be a little late. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thinks in advance.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 9:37 AM

Hey WallyDawg,I've only been here a week myself but I have noticed that when you hit the ball on the "Excellent" mark that little circle pops up and spins around the perfect spot line...I found that if you lightly tap the mouse in that area that it hits the "Excellent" mark more consistantly...Just kind of lightly tap the mouse in that area and see how that works for you...It seemed to help me out just a little...Got any putting TIPS?...LMAO

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 3:47 PM

Welcome guys.  I've moved the swing cursor back near the white line since I started playing this game.  I don't think that actually does anything more than make it more comfortable for me, kind of tricking the eye by placing the cursor nearer the target...but where the curse is located, at that point, has nothing to do with hitting the white line. 

I do it because it doesn't feel quite right, to me, leaving the cursor dangling out in space way above the meter.   The bottom line is clicking the green power meter as close as possible to the white line, or where you want it to stop.  Also, you can always take a practice swing by not clicking the meter when it returns to the white line.  That can give you a feel for how fast the meter is moving.

Joey

• wallydawg68
    46 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 3:58 PM

Thanks. I tried that but still no help. I guess i just gotta practice more. LOL. My putting....I always go to a reverse look and move the aim cursor further from the hole but try and judge where you want to place the line. Works ok for me if I can only just hit that little white line for accuracy.

• wallydawg68
    46 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 3:59 PM

Thanks Joey, I have been trying that. It does help but I still need some improvement. Maybe new glasses? LOL. Thanks for the tip.

• STUDIOSHD
    180 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 4:41 PM

Welcome.

To

The

Enjoy Your Stay.

Rickey

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2009 2:06 AM

Hi wallydawg68.  Take some time and check out the stuff over there----------------->

The reverse angle helped me with putting.  Also, I use the longer distance meter...even for shorter puts.  For example, the Tour Starter Putter, which I still use, has a 30/60/150 meter.  I'll hit putts, even shorter ones, with the 60ft meter.  It seems to help me hit the white line more consistency.  Although some might say this is an inferior putter compared to what is now available, I felt like I got a free putter upgrade when I discovered that technique.  But that's just me.  I guess what I am saying is don't be afraid to try different things and find what is best for you.     

Joey

• wallydawg68
    46 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 7:22 AM

Joeyola...Thanks for the tip on going higher up with the swing meter for putting. Works good because the lower you have to go up the slower it starts to come back. However.... Now I have trouble judging my distance...Hahahahaha....I will get it . I hope. Thanks again!

Michael

• landscaper731
    18 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 9:44 AM

Wellcome

New myself about the same as you a week Yes it is hard to judge everything But we will get I hope !!!! Just wanted to say Hi When you want to hack some balls out there give me a shout.

landscaper731

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2009 6:52 AM

Wally--Instead of killing yourself by trying to hit the line try missing on purpose. You know the putt goes right when you miss late and goes left when you miss early. Trying to hit the line and missing means most likely 1/2 the time you're early and 1/2 the time you're late which means 1/2 the time you have a zero chance of making the putt.

For example, if you're looking at a putt that breaks right-to-left, figure out your distance but instead of moving the aimer  "push" the putt by hitting late.  The ball will start out right and break back to the hole. It has a chance to go in. With this example if you were to "pull" the putt by missing early there would be zero chance of it going in. The point is, on breaks using this method you will always give the ball a chance to go in by staying on the side of the break.

Now, a couple of cautions. The yardage changes a bit when you miss the line and the speed of the break affects how far you have to miss by. You have to figure out what works for you but this gives you another angle on putting. Your best angle would be to read nivlac's putting primer which you can find by searching the forum.

YJ

(Playing to miss the mark instead of dinging it helps those click-challenged types like myself!)

RSS