Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting View

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 7 2019 4:16 PM (3 replies)
  • Buzzz01
    1 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 8:53 AM

Putting views are all from a standing position. Couldn't WGT add one where the golfer is squatting down as to get a better read of the green. I believe every Pro Golfer does this before putting. At least that's what I've seen through the years. 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 1:19 PM

I'm afraid they couldn't, because there are no pics available. And if they could, they wouldn't - expenses w/o any ROI.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 1:47 PM

alosso:
    I'm afraid they couldn't, because there are no pics available

That was my first thought, too. Then I got to thinking about what WGT would have to do to actually make that happen. For starters, they'd have to double the number of green shots they take by adding a ground view from the same spot they're taking them now. Then those 2 views would have to be paired up and used like they are now BUT they would have to add an option to switch between the views, too. Something like that.

And that's just oversimplifying a WAG. No way. LOL 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 4:16 PM

Buzzz01:

Putting views are all from a standing position. Couldn't WGT add one where the golfer is squatting down as to get a better read of the green. I believe every Pro Golfer does this before putting. At least that's what I've seen through the years. 

Putting in WGT is not like Real Life.  We would not see anything "squatting" we can not see now.  The view would be worse for dot viewing - as evidenced at several holes where being in certain locations just off or just on the green gives you a view like you are laying down!

As noted - without camera views, nothing will be done.  If this were a totally simulated model, they could give you a look from anywhere, but the picture realism requires lots of pictures.

RSS