Forums

Help › Forums

Re: CLASH 94 - 'Sup?

Sun, Mar 10 2019 9:10 PM (23 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2019 8:13 AM

Same conditions for both teams . So if you persevere the other team gives up first .

Sometimes .

Quicken Loans Golf GIF - QuickenLoans Golf HoleInOne GIFs

• AlaskanDame
    18,869 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2019 1:48 PM

craigswan:

Same conditions for both teams . So if you persevere the other team gives up first .

He's aware of that.  But, a club that faces 11 rounds where birdies are tough and eagles even tougher will score worse than a club that has 1/2 those rounds at Wolf Creek, thus landing worse on the Clash leaderboard, perhaps the difference being above or below the 50 or 100 line.

• jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2019 7:54 PM

AlaskanDame:

craigswan:

He's aware of that.  But, a club that faces 11 rounds where birdies are tough and eagles even tougher will score worse than a club that has 1/2 those rounds at Wolf Creek, thus landing worse on the Clash leaderboard, perhaps the difference being above or below the 50 or 100 line.

The reason AKD and I (plus a couple of others did it before without us) and couple of since who have added on since is very simple.  

We all know in an individual match, both clubs face the same conditions.  But if one club gets BOP5 5 times and we get it 2 twice, that is a big disadvantage on total scoring.  Even on last clash, put my club on Wolf Creek more than Merion B9, much less Chambers which we had 2x, every time.  We will pile up more birdies/eagles.  And there were major variances.  

So across 11 matches, it can affect club total.  I guess I'm hoping this exercise will pressure WGT into evening this stuff out, although my club has been on good side of this in past as well as bad side.

Tom.

• jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2019 9:10 PM

Goedemoed:
    We had Merion x 6, Erin x 4 and Chambers x 1 - no WC.

I was griping about our rounds, but now I can't.  That stunk.

RSS