Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Clashes Come Too Often

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 6 2019 11:31 PM (5 replies)
  • TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 9:35 AM

I would submit to WGT that if they went to monthly Country Club clashes they might still maintain the same amount of revenue.

With them happening every 2 weeks, you have 26 of these a year rather than the 12 you could have if you did it monthly.   I realize that these are a big source of revenue but I think you would find that players would play more in a clash if it was monthly and in addition to that I think the burnout effect would be less and normal players who play the clash and then don't play for a week would be able to enjoy playing and pick up more rounds.

I know the balls and passes generated are a big revenue source but I do believe that you could actually replace this source and still give the clash players what they want.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 9:52 AM

While you may be correct that more might play, I don't see the number of rounds played doubling, which is what would need to happen just to be revenue neutral.

Intuitively, I think revenue would be lower. Basically, they would be picking up people at the margins. The core will still play every two weeks or monthly and will (most likely) play the same number of rounds each time. 

There's no way I see revenue increasing. I don't even see it as being revenue neutral. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 11:48 AM

I am not a big fan of clashes, but I know a lot of people love them.  These are the folks that buy CC passes to play in them.  Those people would play the same amount during a clash, regardless of frequency.  Others, like me, would just play a few each clash like we always do, regardless of frequency.  The ones that don't play now would be unlikely to play with a lower frequency.

We are just trying to draw logical conclusions, and I agree with Robert that the net revenue would likely go down noticeably.  If WGT thought a change to the schedule would increase revenue, I suspect they would have already tried it!!

(LOL - when I saw the title, I immediately agreed with it, but for a different reason!)

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 12:01 PM

TarheelsRule:
    I think the burnout effect would be less and normal players who play the clash and then don't play for a week would be able to enjoy playing and pick up more rounds.
    You're free to play only every other Event.

• sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 7:47 PM

Perhaps clashes should be once a year..and last a month!

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 11:31 PM

the key to the clash and its numbers is boredom. To be fair to wgt they probably have the times set right. if it was every week then it would be to much and people would stop playing, any longer and you might get a few more but double amount it wouldn't be. 

There is so much needed to be done on the clash to improve it its unreal but until the top clashing clubs stop spending thousands of credits on it they will not do a thing about it. We only have ourselves to blame for this. People applauding the clubs that have won it last few weeks. Yep well done for wasting a load of credits and to all the other clubs who still must be wasting tons trying to get in the top 10 which pays the same as 50th....

If they increased the prizes down to around 10 (as in good prizes like sleeve of balls for 10th and then better as it goes up) it would make them a hell of a lot more. One sleeve for finishing third is disgusting. 3 balls for a club with 200+ members all spending hundreds/thousands of credits on it. These clubs are the ones that need to open their eyes.

RSS