Help › Forums

Re: Introducing myself - WGT player since August 2018

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 11 2019 12:22 PM (7 replies)
  • BobbyUnderhood
    5 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 9:10 AM

Hello,

I have never properly introduced myself and I am planning to use the WGT forums so I guess it is the first thing to do :) ! 

I began to play in August 2018 and immediately been hooked by this game! I love the way it is more a simulation than an arcade game and I was absolutely stunned by the photos mapping process instead of the use of conventional 3D for course modelisation.

I play exclusively mobile on my iPhone 6s.

I don't remember exactly when I came up Pro and Tour Pro but I tiered up to Master at level 83 and Tour Master at level 87. Now I have the Legend tier in my scope and I it is a long way to go.

My "home courses" are St. Andrews and Wolfcreek. These courses are where I am able to score easily 6 under the par on the F9 or the B9.

I managed to buy Nike Vapor pro irons and woods around level 80. Since then WGT made some changes and we are no more able to buy gear from other players profiles. I am so disappointed because I planned to buy a Nike level 89 putter recently and it produces an error message.

To end up, I will say that I love to read from the huge WGT community. Always ready to help and give precious advice.

Hope to see you later on the turf :)

- Matt

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 9:46 AM

Welcome Matt! I'm a mobile player too, make sure you check out the weekly mobile tournament that WGT hosts, can find it in the stroke play section. 

Happy golfing mate!

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 9:59 AM

@Matt

Welcome to WGT! 

By the way, don't worry about not picking up that Nike putter. The Versa Level 70+ was probably the second best putter in the Pro Shop. In my opinion, the only putter better was the Sabertooth (Level 98). And the differences between the two are not all that great. 

Just a "heads up": for about the first 35 or so posts, WGT has you on moderation for posting to the forum. It happens with everyone. If you're not taken off moderation after about 35 posts, then simply post a request to a moderator's wall (for example, WGTchampion or WGTicon). 

• BobbyUnderhood
    5 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2019 12:43 PM

Thank you @AussieMick11 and @Robert1893 for the hints.

I was not aware of the Mobile only tournaments! I will definitly participate.

And thank you Robert for your opinion about the putters. Indeed Versa is great, the balance is high so the trajectories are more thights. I sold a level 86 Seemore putter because despite the high precision, trajectories were loose and tolerance is so low that you cannot account to realize the same put two times in a row.

I have some time before getting rid of my 83+ Vapor Pro irons. In the meanwhile, I would love to see WGT introduce good combo's or forged blades (Callaway Epic, Callaway X, etc.) because those Rogue Pro aren't very professional in real life it is bizarre to see them on the top of the best irons list in WGT.

Last thing: considering that to tier up I need at least 400 ranked rounds, do you agree that it is better to exit ranked rounds before ending if my score is above my actual average score?

Thanks again for your advice.

- Matt

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2019 3:48 PM

BobbyUnderhood:
    Now I have the Legend tier in my scope and I it is a long way to go.

Welcome aboard Matt.  Keep having fun here.

Just don't get in too big of a hurry to make Legend tier - it hits you like a ton of brick!  Seriously!

And the forums can be a huge source of good info (and some bad) and there are a number of good guys that will help!!

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2019 4:40 PM

BobbyUnderhood:
    Last thing: considering that to tier up I need at least 400 ranked rounds, do you agree that it is better to exit ranked rounds before ending if my score is above my actual average score?

My advice is to finish all of your rounds, both good and bad. You can learn as much from bad shots as you can learn from good ones. Additionally, play all the courses, which looks like what you're already doing. 

Each tier has its own saturation level (i.e. number of rounds). Eventually, bad scores are replaced by good scores. So, don't worry about scores or stats. AT this point, you're just taking the time to learn the game. And have fun!

• BobbyUnderhood
    5 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2019 2:06 PM

Robert1893:

My advice is to finish all of your rounds, both good and bad. You can learn as much from bad shots as you can learn from good ones. Additionally, play all the courses, which looks like what you're already doing. 

Each tier has its own saturation level (i.e. number of rounds). Eventually, bad scores are replaced by good scores. So, don't worry about scores or stats. AT this point, you're just taking the time to learn the game. And have fun!

Thank you again Robert. I agree, my priority is to be regular and consistent before worrying about my average score.

Yet it is not easy to manage Tournament (11.0) greens whereas I was not bad on super fast (10.0) ones. 

Furthermore I still not have found my "cruise rate" with the different golf balls. Still testing L86 TP5 and L34 Callies but the game is really not the same from a ball to another.

@DoctorLarry Thanks for the good words

- Matt

• bg444out
    345 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 12:22 PM

As per usual, Robert, Sage advise.  Cheers , BILL.

RSS