Re: upcoming stuff?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 8 2019 4:44 AM (8 replies)
  • Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 5:20 AM

Any news on anything being worked on?

New course for 2019?

Better Mobile game play. Let them choose what course to play in a match, also have ranked round so not putt preview/gimmes. 18 hole matches to. Also alt shot even if its just for Mobile players? 

New clubs?

New events? 

anything.......

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 7:18 AM

Think Bandon full course is coming sometime (2020 IIRC), as well as new clubs in the next few months.

Not sure about anything mobile specific. 

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 11:40 PM

yeah i know Bandon is supposed to be for 2020 but if they dont have a plan to bring a new course out this year it would be shocking!

I had a idea that wgt could do. If they went out this year and just went to local courses and filmed one hole like their feature hole and then made them avalyaibe to have in custom made courses it would really improve that feature. 10 or so new individual holes would make custom courses almost feel like new ones. Alot of course have some lovely holes, how many have a island green etc. I know they wont but there are some great holes around the world, even like that one in japan, the par 7! or the one in south africa off the cliff down like 1000ft. Probably asking to much but there must be tons local to them in the states.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 11:59 PM

WGT should add one course from India ;) ;) 

May be, "Royal Springs Golf Course"

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 12:59 AM

I'm working on an eagle at the first, Wil E Coyote Creek.

No news on when, or indeed if, it might happen though. . .

Cheers!

Rich

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 4:20 AM

Topgolf, the owner of WGT, has announced 13 new facilities. These locations include one each for Canada, Mexico, and UAE.  They currently operate 52 facilities with more than 15,000 employees. 

Further, they are using the technology and expertise that they acquired when they purchased WGT, to build Topgolf Swing Suites. There is no mystery here: WGT was not purchased to give Topgolf revenue. And since it is not a revenue stream, there will be little or no investment going forward. Topgolf got what it wanted so don't pin a lot on future courses unless they fit into something else that is under the Topgolf umbrella.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 4:42 AM

HackWilson1930:
    Topgolf Swing Suites

In the UK their called driving ranges.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 8:26 AM

Williams01210021:

yeah i know Bandon is supposed to be for 2020 but if they dont have a plan to bring a new course out this year it would be shocking!

Why is that shocking?  They don't just whip up a new course in a few weeks.  i.e. new courses take a long time and a lot of resources.

It's likely that to hit a release date of 2020, they are working on it now.  Perhaps if they doubled their staff they could bring one out every year.  :) 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2019 4:44 AM

A Topgolf Swing Suite is not one of their driving ranges.

WHAT IS A TOPGOLF SWING SUITE?

Topgolf Swing Suite is an immersive social experience offering guests a comfy lounge to play and enjoy fantastic food and beverage service. With a massive screen and a selection of exciting virtual games, the Topgolf Swing Suite delivers a one-of-a-kind simulation that's fun for golfers and non-golfers alike.

Virtual means it is something like WGT. It is why Topgolf purchased WGT and promoted Yu Chiang Cheng to President, Topgolf Media. It is also why they brought in Ron Powers as President, TopGolf Swing Suite.

President, Topgolf Swing Suite

Ron Powers is President of the Topgolf Swing Suite social experience that features Topgolf simulators, comfortable lounge seating, HDTVs and food and beverage service in locations such as hotels, sports arenas, shopping centers, cruise liners and more. He is leading Topgolf’s digital innovation on the heels of its recent acquisition of World Golf Tour

RSS