Forums

Help › Forums

Re: RG's can be tough way to make credits....

Tue, Dec 3 2019 7:37 AM (24 replies)
  • Jimac55
    88 Posts
    Mon, Dec 2 2019 2:28 AM

Ready go's look like a far better way to make credits than Brackets.

I've never actually played a Bracket btw but if you use high end balls it looks like it takes a ball and a half plus the entrance fee, eg 350 approx plus 100, just to get to a paying out position for 144 credits lol.

1st and 2nd place get 720 and 432 respectively but have to use up maybe another half ball. So only the winner would make anything in a 100c bracket.

Lol am I missing something

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Mon, Dec 2 2019 8:05 AM

Jimac55:

May depend on how selective you are and your matchups... sometimes you get favorable matchups in a bracket.... but in open tier Ready Go's you are often competing against a group of the best players in the game where you have to play a nearly flawless round.. You might get by with one or two mistakes but beyond that... you are out of the top 10 and losing credits.  

In a bracket if a top player gets a wonky round with some crazy VEM they may post a so so score for them, but nothing they would be happy with normally... You might play a flawless round and win against 1 other player having an off round... but are you going to do that against 10 - 20 elite players in a RG?   You great round becomes average and you are just happy to break even or maybe squeak into the top 10.

Either way is hard, the bigger difference is ROI as you point out.  

• Mythanatos
    2,199 Posts
    Mon, Dec 2 2019 8:15 AM

Jimac55:

I've never actually played a Bracket btw but if you use high end balls it looks like it takes a ball and a half plus the entrance fee, eg 350 approx plus 100, just to get to a paying out position for 144 credits lol.

1st and 2nd place get 720 and 432 respectively but have to use up maybe another half ball. So only the winner would make anything in a 100c bracket.

Lol am I missing something

In order to make money in RGs you must consistently land in the top 10. and when you have the occasional "bad round" you're still in top 15 or so.

Brackets is top 4.

The problem with brackets is you have to remember to play the next round each time and I would always forget. When i'd actually play all the rounds i'd do pretty good. but they are a pain as far as time management goes.

• Jimac55
    88 Posts
    Tue, Dec 3 2019 6:47 AM

Ah yes I didn't take into account that as a Legend I don't compete against the best on WGT. In the Legend RGs I tend to make enough to keep me in balls but that will end soon as I'm about to get promoted.

Not looking forward to it as at Lvl 92 I'm still a few years away from being able to get the best gear. When I came back from a long break from the game I found I was a Lvl16 Legend and wasn't able to get the clubs needed from the back tees until the driver at Lvl48, it was miserable I can tell you.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, Dec 3 2019 7:37 AM

Jimac55:
    Ah yes I didn't take into account that as a Legend

As i recall, nearly every legend RG was heavy wind.... play them all... they will help develop your game... what TC consider bad scores can still win or double your credits... many people shy away from heavy winds but those conditions are where the better players start to seperate themselves.  You also see more C13 greens... i think i even saw C14 once.  

RSS