Help › Forums

Re: GET RID OF MONACO

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 25 2019 5:29 AM (29 replies)
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2019 5:04 AM

OK believe or it or not!

Been on the Facebook WGT app a few times and 99% of them are mobile players. The long and the short of it......I was offered coins by a named person, don't know his player name, told me he had over 3 million of them. And two others I had brief conversations with tried to tell me it was the norm??

Really!!

You buy credits, these are paid for with legal currency, these have a monetary value!

You buy coins, these are paid for with legal currency, these have a monetary value!

There was and still is a 'black market' for credits sold via MP, skins, club gifting etc!

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out!

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2019 5:24 AM

Ah, i missed the point you were making, my bad.  I see what you were touching on now...

would point out  the one possible reason they dont care is because they pass coins around and never risk going broke...  they have safety net.   If wgt could remove that and people had to buy coins to reload you would see change in how people value those coins. 

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2019 6:01 AM

DodgyPutter:
    I was tring to make a light hearted comment about a sentence that started with come watch these amazing 10-12 billion coin matches and finished with, these coins are worthless why do people make such a big deal about them?

I hear ya.

I find the whole thing quite bizarre. That's especially so because (as I note above) one of the players is threatening to quit the game if the player doesn't get the stack of coins restored that were lost due to a glitch. 

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/374282/3917360.aspx#3917360

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2019 8:32 AM

DodgyPutter:
    I was tring to make a light hearted comment about a sentence that started with come watch these amazing 10-12 billion coin matches and finished with, these coins are worthless why do people make such a big deal about them? Sorry :-(

No need to be sorry!  I totally got what you were saying!

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2019 8:44 AM

From my prospective the play for coins in TW's is more a status and challenge thing then a useful means to gain anything. As a side note to the Monaco room, I thought WGT has it set that when playing someone from your own club you don't get those coins added to your TW match. I could be wrong, but thought that went into affect last year.

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2019 10:15 AM
    middbrew:

From my prospective the play for coins in TW's is more a status and challenge thing then a useful means to gain anything. As a side note to the Monaco room, I thought WGT has it set that when playing someone from your own club you don't get those coins added to your TW match. I could be wrong, but thought that went into affect last year.

Some people actually quit their club during a Turf War so that they can play members and let them win coins, and then re-join club afterward --- that's what I hear anyway. However, Monaco was not available in the Turf War I played this week, so maybe wgt has heard us all on this . . . .
  • Johnnyspiez123
    39 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2019 12:57 PM

Monaco is still a go in turf world,  maybe you didn’t play a pass, or maybe u were playing on pc version which doesn’t have coin games. Wherr do u get ur info from, national enquirer? Lol

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2019 2:16 PM

Johnnyspiez123:

Monaco is still a go in turf world,  maybe you didn’t play a pass, or maybe u were playing on pc version which doesn’t have coin games. Wherr do u get ur info from, national enquirer? Lol

It wasn't there when I played (yes on mobile).  Sorry to hear it's still around.

• Smith0557
    8 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 12:01 PM

Agree with you 100% Biggee.  If your team doesn't use Monaco to cheat then it wouldn't matter if it was written out of counting in Turf Wars.  Forget about the other rooms, it would just create another avenue for the lazy cheats to figure a way to create ghost accounts and figure another end around.  Eliminating Monaco to count in Turf Wars would make the cheats have to work just as hard as the legitimate players to win.  Again if you're that much of a baller Monaco being gone would be no sweat off your back.  Don't want to be associated with cheats, then leave the team that has been shown to cheat.  Sorry but it's been 2 months now and the cheating is so rampant that everyone knows and all of the top clubs that don't cheat are tired of getting offers to cheat from your players.  I've got plenty of screen shots because the practice has gotten so obvious of players admitting that it's going on.  Oh and when a club gets popped for cheating and disbanded and you pick up all their players, it's pretty obvious that you just picked up a bunch of cheats and are now on the list of known cheats.  No names needed cause you know who you are and so does everyone else.  We won't be participating in the who has more friends and fake accounts game against those that make the list.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2019 5:29 AM

My my, all this angst and vitriol over a virtual golf game, or part thereof. What happened to the days of simply playing an Alt purely for the craic, as some among us might say?

RSS