Help › Forums

Re: High Winds Monthly Tournaments

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 23 2019 7:41 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • stevie590
    30 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2019 10:02 AM

What's with all the high winds on the monthly tourneys, Pebble, Wolf Creek and Kiawah for 3 months running, moderate winds would be nice for a change 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2019 1:39 PM

Believe it or not, those tournaments are the ones you can get credits on.

I always get credits on those tournaments, I never win, but I place good.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2019 3:45 PM

stevie590:

What's with all the high winds on the monthly tourneys, Pebble, Wolf Creek and Kiawah for 3 months running, moderate winds would be nice for a change 

It's winter............

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2019 11:41 AM

That's True Larry, I never gave that any thought.

You are right that its windy in the winter, especially in New England.

• xz05fm
    2,353 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2019 10:05 PM

It's supposed to be the WORLD Golf Tour and it's summer down here in Aus and the rest of the southern hemisphere!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 4:50 PM

Its winter in the UK and America where the courses are.

That means wind

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2019 2:07 PM

xz05fm:

It's supposed to be the WORLD Golf Tour and it's summer down here in Aus and the rest of the southern hemisphere!

We know - I guess the better solution is to have all tournaments in the summer, but..............never mind!

WGT can account for longitude but not latitude!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2019 7:08 PM

xz05fm:

I don't know why they don't have any Aussie Courses. I'm sure it would give a nice twist to the game.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 11:08 PM

High Winds and Champ speed for me for all Wgt comps.   Actually,  there is a couple of Med winds/champ speed.  

Who ever is starting these comps we need to have something different. Or is this game for only the elite.   We all need to have some fun.

I've been around for many a year and not playing anymore rubbish conditions.  Yeah I know what ya's thinking.   lol

• jasrjones1
    482 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 4:12 PM

January, February, March, and now April every monthly tournament at champion tier is heavy wind.

The wind doesn't blow heavy every day. Only on wgt.

• PAGES
RSS