Help › Forums

Re: Notice any change in the pro shop?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 14 2019 12:46 AM (33 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 7:17 AM

DampandDusty:
    My method so far has been very much this - to look at players better than me and how I can improve. Keep in touch.

Once again, sounds like we are approaching the game similarly.  You can see a few links to just a handful of top players I have watched and learned from.  Now, you still have to learn what will work for you and your equipment, and practice... but it definitely helps with the learning curve.  There are more obviously, but I also tried to find players that posted videos somewhat regularly.  I am not in their league but can aspire to be.

• horrn
    9 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 8:12 AM

Perhaps I am in the wrong forum. The games played recently require hitting a moving bar and clicking and then hitting the stationary bar to adjust to target. Did I just make a mistake which directed mr=e to this ? At any rate, If it is a permanent protocol, I'll have to hang up my cleats on WGT. Any response will be appreciated. Thanks.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 7:36 PM

horrn:

Perhaps I am in the wrong forum. The games played recently require hitting a moving bar and clicking and then hitting the stationary bar to adjust to target. Did I just make a mistake which directed mr=e to this ? At any rate, If it is a permanent protocol, I'll have to hang up my cleats on WGT. Any response will be appreciated. Thanks.

This is probably not the response you're looking for.  

What are you talking about? 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 8:42 PM

kavvz:

horrn:

This is probably not the response you're looking for.  

What are you talking about? 

Possibly changed meter type?  

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 11:34 PM

Hi

First to the meter problem. If you open your equipment to edit or change something there is a tab there for meters,

make sure you have the "Original Swing Meter" equipped.

Just my quick take on a fascinating conversation.

JohanTV:

To me it seems unfair to players that don’t have the L103 TM driver with 289 yards that they are always 2 yards shorter as everything currently available in the shop. So I expect a replacement of the L103 TM soon. It has to be at least 289 yards and logically 1-3 yards more (not 300+) so all high level players will also be tempted to upgrade,

I know I've said this before, but I'm not a golfer. I came to the game knowing nothing, but worked out that different "bats" sent the ball varying distances. I suppose this was a very early type of mapping and as I've progressed I've managed to refine the issue a bit. : )

Regarding a driver, thats a tough one. I've had the TM M1 lvl 74 ( 280 yds ) since I could afford it. For me, forgiveness is important and you can almost flop off the tee and still get a half decent result. Also the med / high trajectory. With sensible use of top or backspin I can often outdrive , or at least stay level with the lvl 100+ drivers in heavy wind conditions. I don't see the argument that it's unfair to people who don't have the lvl 103 TM with "289" !! yards. If they're consistently 2 yards short ( that's all of six feet ) then it's not really too much to work out you need to hit your next shot a tiny bit harder. ( or with less backspin / more top )

Okay, lvl99 isn't really top level but would I be tempted with something that cost a shed load of credits I don't have that hit the ball maybe 15 - 20ft further ? Not a chance. Bigger or more expensive isn't always better in my opinion.

Thanks for letting me butt in, happy hittin' all

Cheers!

Rich

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2019 6:07 AM

DampandDusty:

One thing I don't agree with is the 300yd+ driver. With the balls available, that is easily achievable with most of the top drivers and the game doesn't need to be made any easier. It needs to be a challenge.

I agree that a 300+ driver would be over kill. Even from the back tees there aren't enough courses that this is needed. It would put most course back to the level of a drive and pitch/putt venue.

This will be especially true for mobile players in H2H matches and during the Country Club Clashes where the mobile apparel can add even more distance to the driver. Can you say 320+ as the default? I think right now the discontinued TM lvl103 driver with apparel is set at 307 (I kind of guessing here but am sure it's close).

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2019 4:01 PM

Not that it'll ever happen, but I actually think it'd be interesting if WGT tipped a lot of the club stats on their head. In real life, better golfers and pros use clubs that are more precise, hit the ball further, impart more spin and are harder to hit. In WGT the higher level clubs do all the good stuff with more forgiveness and slower meters. I think this whole game might be more interesting if one had to make trade-offs or compromises. Not sure there SHOULD be a god-stick that is the best at everything. Usually trajectory-spin-distance-ease of hitting should be balanced or compromised in some way.

Eg. Sure, offer a 300yd driver - but it's unforgiving, has a fast meter and is a pig to get right. Tear the courses apart, but good luck controlling it. Give players the choice to play 10 tenths or perhaps opt for something that doesn't go so far but is more consistent.

Likewise, why not let higher tier players make a "custom" ball with whatever combo of stats they like (within limits). Ie. I want a 5 distance ball with 1 spin and a fast meter, so it's not too expensive.

I understand the rationale for it not being like this, but I think that'd really make for a fascinating game, and would mean that the truly skillful would win out versus "buying" a game. Might even allow very different "styles" to be developed.

Meanwhile @DampandDusty - you are spot on with your approach and thinking. And the L85 Callys are a good step after the L59 Pings (that's how I went). I too am hanging out to see what L95+ sticks come out soon, as the driver, putter and wood I was looking at have all vanished in the last few weeks.

And great analysis and insight, others. 

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2019 9:30 AM

Faz2000:
    Meanwhile @DampandDusty - you are spot on with your approach and thinking. And the L85 Callys are a good step after the L59 Pings (that's how I went). I too am hanging out to see what L95+ sticks come out soon, as the driver, putter and wood I was looking at have all vanished in the last few weeks.

Thanks Faz.

I too am in mourning for the clubs I planned to purchase in the future that have disappeared. I spent the week of the 'Flash Sale' contemplating buying the L70 Versa putter, but decided that the thing that was most wrong with my putting was me! (slight misread or slight misding). Not sure if I regret that decision..

Anyway, let's hopefully trust there will be some more modern up to date 'blingy' equivalents coming soon in the club shop..

• JohanTV
    213 Posts
    Mon, Apr 22 2019 12:09 PM

JohanTV:
    ...So I expect a replacement of the L103 TM soon...

Could I have been wrong?

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Apr 22 2019 2:06 PM

JohanTV:

JohanTV:
    ...So I expect a replacement of the L103 TM soon...

Could I have been wrong?

Too early to say (I hope).

We are all just waiting for the other shoe/club to drop!

RSS