Help › Forums

Re: Lob wedges

Thu, Apr 25 2019 10:33 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2019 7:41 PM

Badputter01:

Hi YankeeJim. It appears impossible for me to ditch the HB wood. The system just won't let me. I'd rather follow your advice and replace it with my wedge. If you know how to do that, please advise me. Thanks, David.

I rarely play mobile but I found that setting up my equipment on PC and NEVER touching it on mobile allowed me to keep what I wanted.  My equipment got messed up while I was testing fixes for the auto-equipping problem WGT introduced back in December, when I found the above to work.

Maybe it will work for you.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2019 8:18 PM

Badputter01:
    Hi YankeeJim. It appears impossible for me to ditch the HB wood. The system just won't let me.

I'm not a mobile player but I have tried it and everything I have here shows up there and plays the same way. I'd do what DoctorLarry suggested--log on to a PC and make your changes and you should be OK. 

p.s., http://www.wgt.com/forums/273689.aspx. A mobile section.  :-)

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 5:34 PM

You have to go into your settings on the mobile app and change a Equipment setting from Basic to Advanced. It's not intuitive at all and I can't remember the exact setting, but do take a look and it'll be clear.

This then allows you to pick any combination of clubs you like in your bag. In Basic it enforces D-Wo-HB-Ir-We-We-P setup which of course is useless for anyone above about level 70. Then you can ditch the redundant Hybrid and load up on Wedges.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, Mar 16 2019 3:54 PM

Faz2000:
    You have to go into your settings on the mobile app and change a Equipment setting from Basic to Advanced. It's not intuitive at all and I can't remember the exact setting, but do take a look and it'll be clear.

Well, it is not real clear, but basically this is it.  However, I highly recommend getting on the PC and checking the equipment - and changing it there if it is not what you want.  Any time I touched it on mobile - regardless of Basic/Advanced setting - it screwed up.  THey may have fixrd it now - but I am not going to find out!!

• dollar56
    1 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2019 9:54 AM

Actually I can't change the setting on my mobile phone. (iPhone 10x max)  I hate that every time I want to change balls or even look at my clubs,  I have to find a PC and put my 64 * wedge back in my bag and remove the hybrid club they forced into my bag.  I have complained numerous times and WGT hasn't  fixed anything.   I wish they would go back to the original format, both on clubs in bag and the Pro shop was much easier to use.  START LISTENING TO THE PLAYERS / CLIENTS / CUSTOMERS.  AFTER ALL THEY ARE YOU ONLY FINANCIAL RESOURCE.  

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2019 3:32 PM

dollar56:

Actually I can't change the setting on my mobile phone. (iPhone 10x max)  I hate that every time I want to change balls or even look at my clubs,  I have to find a PC and put my 64 * wedge back in my bag and remove the hybrid club they forced into my bag.  I have complained numerous times and WGT hasn't  fixed anything.   I wish they would go back to the original format, both on clubs in bag and the Pro shop was much easier to use.  START LISTENING TO THE PLAYERS / CLIENTS / CUSTOMERS.  AFTER ALL THEY ARE YOU ONLY FINANCIAL RESOURCE.  

See this thread (link below). You can make the change through the mobile app, and you should only have to do it once. I play on an iPad and have no issues. (I've also played on my iPhone 6s. plus. My wedges are always properly equipped.)

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/564102/3820556.aspx#3820556

By the way, there's no reason to shout (i.e. use all caps) and the players are not WGT's only source of revenue. Besides, all software or apps have bugs. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2019 8:03 PM

Robert1893:
    By the way, there's no reason to shout (i.e. use all caps)

Did you know that is another violation of the Posting Guidelines?  I think I may be a hated authority on the PG - what do you think?  Will you need to be my defense atty again?

;-)

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 10:28 AM

There is nothing wrong with the normal/advanced equipment setting. I am still set to advanced and  still have my 3 Cleveland wedges equipped.. This is on both platforms. On my Iphone 8 Plus and my Samsung Galaxy Tab E the customize equipment option is set to Advanced and has stayed that was since I made the switch when they introduced the customize equipment tab. 

The only difference in my equipment between PC and mobile is my Stand Bag Plus which isn't  available on mobile, Everything else is the same.

Those ranting about not being able to have 3 wedges on mobile just haven't taken the time to really read the multitude of posts on how to switch the customize equipment tab from normal to advanced. 

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 10:32 AM

@borntobesting 

+1

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 10:33 AM

DoctorLarry:

Will you need to be my defense atty again?

;-)

If I do, I'm not going to have start charging by the post going forward. ;-) 

• PAGES
RSS