Forums

Help › Forums

Latest version of Firefox and Flash Player issue, (Resolved).

Wed, Feb 20 2019 5:57 AM (3 replies)
  • Trailrunning
    152 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2019 4:10 PM

The latest version of Firefox (65.01) is not allowing flash player to store local content on the computer. Every time a page on WGT is opened, Flash Player asks to store local content. Tried going to global settings and adding, but it will not let you add any websites. I rolled Firefox back to the previous version and it works fine. I posted on Mozilla support page and received this response, which fixed the problem. Thought I would share it for any others that might be having this issue.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Mac NPAPI Sandbox - Mozilla Firefox
    The Mac NPAPI Flash sandbox is enabled by default on Firefox 62 and later.

Disabling the sandbox requires using about:config to set...

dom.ipc.plugins.sandbox-level.flash to 0

...and then restarting the browser. The sandbox is known to prevent the following features from working:

• Print to PDF from the Flash print dialog
    • Print to “Open in Preview” from the Flash print dialog
    • Quicklook in the File->Open dialog
    • Saving files to the filesystem from a Flash applet
    • Flash applets downloading and running the Adobe Air installer
    • Flash triggering Adobe Air applications to run

• 1966Marktowin
    191 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 1:41 AM

Good morning from Germany...

Thanks a lot for this help, it works  like before now...

Thank you very much...

CU have a nice sunday

Mark

• Buzzard86
    403 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2019 11:19 AM

You get WGT to work with Firefox? I had no problems until a while back when it suddenly stopped working. I found out that Flash wasn't working in Firefox. I did everything except a Firefox rain dance to fix it. Nothing worked. No problems with Chrome (in fact it does seem a bit smoother with Chrome) but it still irks me that I can't make WGT to work in Firefox.

• odessagolfer
    17 Posts
    Wed, Feb 20 2019 5:57 AM

Probably the new mini-series of ads now playing before the start of the round and at the turn. If there is a good point, I can make my coffee, cook my breakfast, est, start the laundry, and do the dishes and get back just in time to tee off. Looking forward to the turn so I can fold the clothes and vacuum.

RSS