Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Merion Golf Course

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 6 2019 2:48 PM (5 replies)
  • fearlessfly0
    9 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2019 1:21 PM

I just tried 5x to make putts of between 3 & 5 ft and could not sink it, first hole of course, wow !

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 12:39 PM

fearlessfly0:

I just tried 5x to make putts of between 3 & 5 ft and could not sink it, first hole of course, wow !

Only the first hole? You’re definitely going to hate the rest of the course, seeing how the greens only gets worse from there. 

• mega1byte
    750 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 4:17 PM

fobby1980:
    Only the first hole? You’re definitely going to hate the rest of the course, seeing how the greens only gets worse from there. 

Yea ,, after the third hole its complete hell from there. lol

Good Luck

• SeveFrost
    1,478 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 4:29 PM

Holes 5 & 6 are, for me, the toughest consecutive holes on any course. The key if possible is leaving your approach shot below the hole

• LUMPYFISH
    3 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2019 2:23 PM

I know what you're saying brother, I had a couple of pots come up short of the hole and then rolled backwards past where I was 

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 2:48 PM

SeveFrost:

Holes 5 & 6 are, for me, the toughest consecutive holes on any course. The key if possible is leaving your approach shot below the hole

The key to #5 is not even get to the green. Leave it short on the fringe or fairway 10 to 11 yards and pitch it on. I have made more birdies by pitching it in from there than I have by making putts.

But if you want to putt. after doing you calculations add about 3 yards, Due to the severe slope from the pin to the fringe if you just use you normal calculations the ball will roll off the green. Adding 3 yards will help it stay on.I tried adding 5 and 7 yards but both of those put me above the hole and unless you are a great putter above the hole is big trouble. 

The back pin is just the opposite for me. I deduct 3 yards from my calculations to keep from going over the back of the green 

For me # 6 has become much harder than #5. I can't find a landing spot that gives me a good uphill putt that doesn't have a huge break in it. 

RSS