Help › Forums

Re: Haven't Seen Post

Mon, Feb 18 2019 7:15 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 9:39 PM

K7JBQ:
    Also, got to ask, what's your problem with the clock? And which clock, the game clock or the daily time clock? If the latter, the day changes at 0000 UTC, which makes sense as we have players on all, or nearly all, continents (not sure about Antarctica).

I was wondering that too.

The only problem I have is the inconsistency between times used.

I know the WGT "day" for CDP and WGT tourneys is UTC midnight to midnight, but we get local times for CC tourneys and US Pacific time for downtimes, etc.

I got caught near the end of a great round in a CC tourney today because I was mistakenly thinking of it ending PST not CST.  

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 9:54 PM

DoctorLarry:
    I know the WGT "day" for [...] WGT tourneys is UTC midnight to midnight
    I beg to differ:

AFAIK, WGT tourneys go by P(D)T, like the forum time stamps.

I can imagine that the mix of three clock times, UTC, P(D)T and local, may cause confusion...

• JCx2018
    10 Posts
    Fri, Feb 15 2019 3:25 PM

Yes, I just logged in today and hit the "Play Now" button which takes you to the page you play from right? Now under the under "Main Menu", there's a box labeled "Your Objectives", that box tells you your "Consecutive Days Played", at the bottom of that box it says "Next Day In - 00:00:00". Now here's my problem today I enter the game page at14:49:00 and the "Next Day In" reads 01:10:00. This is my daily game clock is it not? and as such should be reset at 00:00:00 meaning my "Next Day In" clock should read 09:11:00 right?? That's my 'problem with the clock" and like you, I really don't care about Antarctica's clock either. lmao

This is in reply to DoctorLarry on 02-14-2019 9:21 PM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 4:41 PM

JCx2018:
    Yes, I just logged in today

What time zone are you in?

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 5:00 PM

@JCx2018

Copied and pasted below is the portion from the FAQ. If I understand your post, it sounds like your time zone is PST. If so, your new day begins at 4:00 PM (until daylight savings time kicks in).  

Please make note that Consecutive Days are based on UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) and not your local time zone.

• ffries61
    522 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 6:20 PM

Your "game clock" doesn't reset when you play your daily game, The "WGT day" changes over  at the same time every day, you can play a game 1/2 hr before change over, and another 5 minutes after and that counts as 2 consecutive days played.You just need to know when the 24hr cycle is for you and get a round(or even a single practice hole) in each day.

Fred

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 7:15 PM

JCx2018:

Yes, I just logged in today and hit the "Play Now" button which takes you to the page you play from right? Now under the under "Main Menu", there's a box labeled "Your Objectives", that box tells you your "Consecutive Days Played", at the bottom of that box it says "Next Day In - 00:00:00". Now here's my problem today I enter the game page at14:49:00 and the "Next Day In" reads 01:10:00. This is my daily game clock is it not? and as such should be reset at 00:00:00 meaning my "Next Day In" clock should read 09:11:00 right?? That's my 'problem with the clock" and like you, I really don't care about Antarctica's clock either. lmao

This is in reply to DoctorLarry on 02-14-2019 9:21 PM

The "Play Now" button opens the gameclient window with the Objectives shown.

The time that is shows in the bottom of that box is exactly, to the second, how long it is until the next "WGT" day begins.  In the example you gave "I enter the game page at14:49:00 and the "Next Day In" reads 01:10:00.", it means the next WGT day will begin at 16:00:00 (local time), which puts you in the Pacific time zone.  That means that you need to play each day between 4:00:01 pm local time and 3:59:59 local time the next day to keep the CDP bonus going.

If the box marked "Today" has a green check mark in the top right corner - you have already "played" in the current WGT day, so your CDP bonus is already earned.

If it is not a green check mark, then you need to play something before that clock timer at the bottom of the CDP box counts down to zero.  In my case, I go play a single hole under the "WGT Community" menu on the main page (not the gameclient page) by selecting "Golf Courses", then picking a course and then a single hole to play.  I actually do this every day to get the CDP bonus done quickly without much chance of a glitch or downtime.

I believe all you have to do is get one stroke played to earn the bonus, but I use the single hole as a warmup.  Of course, you can pla a 9-hole or 18-hole game as well!

• PAGES
RSS