Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Did not get my passes

Fri, Feb 15 2019 9:20 AM (29 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2019 5:58 PM

I wonder if your boss promised you your paycheck, every friday, but waited til whenever he wanted to give it to you, if you would be so passive?  It might or might not be the prizes or the paycheck, but how about the principle of it?     Last clash immediately, clash before on monday, now on tuesday.  I would say people complain because of the integrity, that wgt is lacking in.  Just because you may or may not understand why people play clashs, is probably none of your business. But some of us do love to play them, respectfully,   you play the parts of the game that you enjoy, so will we. 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2019 6:11 PM

Luckystar5:
    I wonder if your boss promised you your paycheck, every friday, but waited til whenever he wanted to give it to you, if you would be so passive?  It might or might not be the prizes or the paycheck, but how about the principle of it?

Luckystar5:
    I would say people complain because of the integrity, that wgt is lacking in.  

That's the thing. This is not an integrity issue. At worst, they were a day late this time. Overwhelmingly, WGT delivers them within the stated time period they set. To state they lack integrity is simply unwarranted. 

Luckystar5:
    Just because you may or may not understand why people play clashs, is probably none of your business. But some of us do love to play them, respectfully,   you play the parts of the game that you enjoy, so will we. 

That has nothing to do with simply pointing out that whining about them being delayed is a bit over the top. And I do play the clashes. 

And, as an aside, if people post to a public board, then you are making it the "business" of others who post here. You don't get to set the parameters of who gets to reply or not or whose business it is or not, respectfully. 

As Don very succinctly pointed out. We know we'll get them. There's nothing to worry about. 

• jabonic
    854 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2019 7:40 PM

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2019 9:10 PM

Still, it seems that no one can explain to me the great advantage of getting these disposable (non-replaceable) passes on Tuesday as compared to Monday or any other day.

For people that play clashes, it would be advantageous to receive them just before the next clash - that way you could play several in a row without waiting for passes to renew (or buy them).

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2019 8:39 AM
    DoctorLarry:
    Still, it seems that no one can explain to me the great advantage of getting these disposable (non-replaceable) passes on Tuesday as compared to Monday or any other day.
    I tried but it seems it was ignored... so why bother keep offering reasoning or rationale that may apply for some people when no one really cares about the various reasons or instances in which it can have value or meaning to some people... could have been an honest mistake and we could have submitted our posts closely together you no longer looked at the post that offered reasoning because you figured only the posts that followed would apply...
  • DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2019 4:30 PM

el3n1:
    DoctorLarry:
    I tried but it seems it was ignored... so why bother keep offering reasoning or rationale that may apply for some people when no one really cares about the various reasons or instances in which it can have value or meaning to some people... could have been an honest mistake and we could have submitted our posts closely together you no longer looked at the post that offered reasoning because you figured only the posts that followed would apply...

You are right - I did not see/read your post - my mistake.

I rarely play mobile and have never even looked into turf wars, so I did not know that point.  I know the differences between mobile and PC play cause confusion some times and it did for me this time.

I do know that we seem to get these complaints a lot - and not all from mobile, but I see that facet now.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2019 5:08 PM

el3n1:

I would note though, there are those who participate in the clash to earn the extra passes to also use in their TW's on the mobile platform, unlike Clashes where WGT hands out passes every 4 hours, this does not happen during a TW...

So, it can alter how some people use those passes... in this case, our club received them too late to be able to use them in our TW... so we now consider burning them to unlock another TW or sit on them until the next one is unlocked..

So, on average, how often does a Turf War get activated for our club?

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 10:10 AM

Robert1893:
    So, on average, how often does a Turf War get activated for our club?

I have felt, it fluctuates for us more than some clubs Robert in part because we are closer to full capacity with a wide range of players activity level.  I don't think our CC passes get used quite as much by some irregular players which puts the challenge of meeting the passes used  to meet the threshold to unlock a TW (membership x 2) more on the active members.

Most active clubs could see a TW unlocked in a day or two, but I believes ours can take 2-3 and some cases 4 days.  It can vary with the weekdays and weekends...   A smaller club with active members could easily play more TW's and in turn potentially earn more superpasses for their club, which clearly have more value in the Clashes now... So clash motivated clubs would also be geared towards playing TW's... I have wondered if this is why we began seeing some new "clubs" pop up that were clash heavy clubs with small but very active memberships...  hard to say for certain.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 7:21 PM

@el3n1

I'm just thinking that at least one Turf War would always be activated before the next clash event. So, even if the passes get delayed a day or two, there will be a Turf War possibility for that club before the next clash event. 

I'm still in the camp that the delay on awarding clash prizes falls into the category of being a "no harm, no foul" situation.  

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Feb 15 2019 9:20 AM
    Doesn't surprise me #Robert, you don't even appear to help your own club in TW's despite being a dedicated mobile user that has reached the Champion tier. I have often scanned the participants from our club, but I have never seen your name. Doesn't mean you could not have done so at some point, but I haven't observed it. Why would you place value in something you have little to no stake in... you are not "invested" personally in the matter because you don't participate fully in them. If it truly was a "no harm, no foul" why would WGTchampion suggest ---
    WGTChampion:

Sorry it took so long. I've yelled at all the right people about getting a permanent solution. Hopefully that pays off. 

_CHAMPION 

Obviously, even he understands, this has value and meaning to those involved or he wouldn't have suggested "yelling at the right people" to work towards a resolution.
RSS