Forums

Help › Forums

Re: L45 Cally ball

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 10 2019 9:20 AM (8 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2019 1:40 PM

Anyone know why this ball can't be gifted?    I've got no "Gift" button when clicking on that ball.  No issues with other balls.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2019 1:42 PM

Legend balls can't be gifted, has been that way since Legend was the top tier in the game. Why they didn't undo the no gifting of Legend balls is beyond me.  Especially with so many "better" or higher priced balls in the pro shop.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2019 1:43 PM

Legend or higher, it tells me, purchase only.

I've used these balls as soon as they were available to me at Legend tier. Only 2 on the durability, but a good ball.

Need them in yellow??

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2019 1:45 PM

Funny.... did a quick forum search and found this thread from 7 years ago.  I replied to it on 7 february then too.  LOL

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/85122.aspx

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2019 5:11 PM

Ahhh I see.  thx all. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2019 10:11 PM

andwhy67:
    Legend or higher, it tells me, purchase only.
    It's tier related, true. But, it's not about Legends.

Tiered items from Tour Pro up cannot be gifted, a remainder of the former structure of tier-related restrictions on sales of balls and clubs (prior to 9/2010).

You can easily check it in the Pro Shop - the "gift" buttons are missing or greyed out.

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2019 5:51 AM
    on 13 Dec 2018 at 3:22 PM

Tier specific items can not be gifted. Anything that says "Tour Pro+" or "Legend+" can not be gifted. 

_CHAMPION 

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Sun, Feb 10 2019 8:42 AM
    My preferred ball, the level 43 Cally, was a Legend ball prior to a name change, so the restriction could be removed if desired. Why the distance version remains a Legend ball and the more spin version is not remains a mystery, especially since there a higher distance balls now available at lower levels.
  • middbrew
    318 Posts
    Sun, Feb 10 2019 9:20 AM

DarkenRahl:
    My preferred ball, the level 43 Cally, was a Legend ball prior to a name change, so the restriction could be removed if desired. Why the distance version remains a Legend ball and the more spin version is not remains a mystery, especially since there a higher distance balls now available at lower levels.

It's very possible that it's nothing more than a priority thing. With the amount of time the code writers need to spend on both correcting the issues in that occur with the current play and making the improvements to keep moving forward to enhance the game, ball gifting just isn't up the list far enough as something that is a must do.

RSS