Forums

Help › Forums

Re: To Wedge Putt or Not to Wedge Putt ?

Sun, Feb 3 2019 10:49 AM (6 replies)
  • Rick6208
    2,144 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 7:28 AM

Hello All , I am mostly a Mobile App player and have noticed a huge increase in the number of Players using the WEDGE PUTT in the coin rooms , mostly in the Big rooms like BELAGIO, MANHATTAN 

Now I know how to do it and have used it in Club Tourneys when faced with a 50 foot putt on Tournament speed greens with 2 Breaks or More and it works quite well BUT not in the coin rooms because if your opponent does not know how to use, in most cases ,its an unfair advantage !

Im guessing this is Legal to use because WGT has not corrected this glitch! or is it a GLITCH ?

Any thoughts out there ?

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 8:04 AM

It's by the official RL Rules of Golf, and it has been enabled = legal by this WGT program - so why change anything?

If you deem it an advantage, get used it by practicing!

*grabs a buck of popcorn to see the umpteenth clash of faiths develop*

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 8:35 AM

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 8:39 AM

TopShelf2010:
    purists of the game

Well... *gulps*

Sorry, can't get back to you on this line - one hand full of popcorn, don't wanna spoil the keyboard with butter&salt!

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 9:06 AM

• Rick6208
    2,144 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 9:15 AM

ok Thanks Gentlemen ! its Legal on WGT and thats what I needed to here ! Sorry I brought up a OLD ISSUE , just noticed that its becoming more prevalent in the game now.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2019 10:49 AM

@Rick6208

Since you posted the same thing twice, I'll follow suit. 

While you appear to have got the answer you're looking for, I just want to note that there is no "unfair advantage."

An unfair advantage is not created simply because a player doesn't know how to use a particular tool or how to execute a specific shot. The player could learn it.

An unfair advantage is when one player can use the tool or has the ability to make a certain type of shot but the other player is prevented from doing so by something external to the player. 

RSS