Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Stuck in a Rut

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 7 2019 10:22 AM (36 replies)
  • DeirdreO
    90 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 5:24 AM

This is such great information.  I’m going to attempt getting my club energized again with some of your ideas.  Thank you!

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 3:52 PM

More from Survivor:

Farthest From the Hole is more challenging than you might think. 

YJ's miss the fairway. We do it by subtracting a stroke for FWs missed. Requires posting scorecards. I know some have problems with that. 

Fewest Putts. Real score with number of putts added. (scorecard)

Blind date. Requires sign ups. Random teams. Multi round tourney, each player's score for a chosen round counts toward the team average. No one knows who they are up against. Wins garner points. Smart to have them divisible by 2 to split for ties. 

Bids. Before play players bid their score (in secret, of course) The bid is the player's score for competition providing they meet or exceed it. Ties could be settled by the actual lower score. 

Two round eclectic. (Scorecards) Player's score is determined by the lower score for each hole. 

Two round reverse eclectic. (Truly evil) Instead of best score per hole as above - the worse. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 4:08 PM

JimbeauC:
    YJ's miss the fairway. We do it by subtracting a stroke for FWs missed.

The GIR version of that had an ulterior motive. A GIR would cost strokes (like 2) BUT a birdie would get 3, the assumption being you hole out the missed GIR.

The motive was to force players to learn/use the rough shots around the greens, improving their short games. It conveniently leveled the playing field, too.  :-)

• 18randy18
    499 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 5:23 PM

All great ideas,  Thank you all again for your input :-)

Randy

• AirMadere
    287 Posts
    Fri, Feb 15 2019 3:16 AM

Glad I could help you 18 , I knew it was a simple fix . remember PAF is here to help you .

• jimmeb
    18 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 6:08 PM

Don please take a look at my CC.Little Mill and see ow many players play in tournament. It seems like there are 3-4 of us who contribute anything at all. want to transfer outta here but don't want to lose all the points I have gave this club.  My name is jimmeb.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, Apr 7 2019 10:22 AM

jimmeb:

Don please take a look at my CC.Little Mill and see ow many players play in tournament. It seems like there are 3-4 of us who contribute anything at all. want to transfer outta here but don't want to lose all the points I have gave this club.  My name is jimmeb.

Not sure which Don you are addressing, but I can see you are in a dead CC.  Only 10 have even played in 2019 and many have not played for a year or two.

You will not lose the XP, but the club will lose them.  They will not transfer to a new club, but it will be worth it to get to a club that plays regularly.

GL with finding a new club - make sure they play a lot and have their own CC tournaments.

RSS