Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Automatic WD

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 30 2019 10:33 PM (4 replies)
  • Pinseeker1937
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2019 3:06 PM

In the round and was disqualified because I had not completed when the time ran out.  Did not get to finish.  Only missed it by about 5 minutes.  Would think that if you are playing, then you should be able to finish.

• jw1k
    31 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2019 5:56 PM

The time limits are pretty set. Plenty like to wait until last minute to play a round (not saying this was the reason). My experience though is when the timer is up, that’s the end. Can be costly if it happens with the 1k or 500cr ready-go. I know I’ve donated a handful of times. 

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2019 6:35 PM

Pinseeker1937:

In the round and was disqualified because I had not completed when the time ran out.  Did not get to finish.  Only missed it by about 5 minutes.  Would think that if you are playing, then you should be able to finish.

It was even worse a few years ago, Now as soon as the time expires the round ends. Before no matter when the time expired you played until the last putt and then got the time expired message. This way saves a lot hits on your ball.

It would be nice if there was a timer on the screen like in the clash so you could see how much time was left to finish the round. Then if you saw that you might not be able to finish the round you could activate a ball speed boost and be able to play quicker and have time to finish the round. Or if you see that you won't be able to finish quit to save hits on your ball 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2019 7:04 PM

Pinseeker1937:

Nope.  When a computer has an ending time programmed, it ends.  I have missed finishing a few by minutes, even seconds, but it was my fault.

It has been noted that if they only went by start time, some folks might save or just wait during the round and the tourney would last way longer than necessary.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2019 10:33 PM

Pinseeker1937:
    you should be able to finish.
    I.e., you wanna save the round and leave the tournament in limbo for a day, a week, a year? I think not. Thus, they'd have to set a limit anyway, and in the interest of all competitors, they set it to Zero.

Also, this is not about life or death - it's a game, treat it lightly!

RSS